HWBOT Community Forums

The official You've Got The Xtreme Power! thread.

G81

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try not using an MSI board, but I don't think you'll be able to submit.

Who does an overclocker communicate with in regards to clarification of these manufacturer driver overclocking events? Is there designated coordinators or is that you Massman?

Well this seems pretty simple to me. When a competition is anounced read the rules, if you don't agree don't compete. When the overclockers are walking away from manufacturers competitions instead of competing hopefully they take notice.

That is precisely my take on things as well :)

ES Allowed, no use to compete.. If retail only, probably would because I have a retail.. Would probably pony up for a board.. SO 1000+ plus for ES.. to win 1000 dollars.. hmmm... will throw the board out after... Not worth it.. If retail only then hey im only stuck to the board... better.. could deal with it.. better chance.

These comps are really just FAIL...

The last and final resort to the competitions is HWBOT. You control the posts and the framework. You could standup for the community and not allow the competition.

I think all mods should be disclosed for all competitions..Whys it fair if someone is holding onto the only knowing Ace in the whole.. Seriously we have even communicate this..

If you can't tell that from all of these competitions are a fail.. look at all the participants... pretty bad.. Kingpins comp did probably better than all of them put together.. food for thought.. and common sense really...

How about a no mods clause also with no ES.. You would get alot more competition..

Maybe hold some HWbot competition with the most used equipment... You have the queries to figure that out..

First statement is wrong. It's been proven over and over again that disallowing ES in competitions doesn't increase the amount of participants. Sounds right in theory, but ain't true.

Most used equipment != most owned equipment. It's very likely that the i7 920 has been used the most, but that doesn't mean a lot of overclockers have this CPU at their home.

Acutally is says "Please use a MSI Big Bang XPower motherboard."

I have a MSI X58M board... can I submit with that?

I asked this, but no.

Reason is quite simple: the XPower is the only board that has been designed for Gulftown. Not that the other boards would explode and burn down your house, but overclocking results will very likely to almost certainly be much inferior to the XPower.