HWBOT Community Forums

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Hardware Voltage Modifications - GPU OV, GPU OCP, MEM OV, Coldslow/shutdown and measurement

Massman

Hey all,

I recently got some interesting files in my mailbox. It was the Nvidia GTX Titan modification guide. I've taken the information from the guide and added the modification notes to a real picture (by TechpowerUp) so everyone can enjoy modifying their GTX Titan graphics card!

!! DISCLAIMER: ALL MODIFICATIONS ARE ON YOU RISK. THE INFORMATION IS GIVEN AS IS, NEITHER HWBOT NOR MYSELF WILL HOLD ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE THINGS GO WRONG. IF YOU'RE UNSURE ABOUT THE MODIFICATIONS, DON'T DO THEM. THIS IS THE GUIDE FROM NVIDIA MODIFIED FOR YOU TO USE. !!

Also, please be aware that the reference VRM design by Nvidia is really weak once you start overclocking. As Rbuass mentioned earlier, his card died at a mere 1.46V Vgpu! If you want to go extreme, you should look into your own zombie vrm.

These are the modifications that are on the pictures:

• GPU (NVVDD) Voltage Measurement
  • GPU (NVVDD) OverCurrent Override
  • GPU (NVVDD) OverVoltage
  • GPU (NVVDD) Coldslow / shutdown
  • GPU Core Clock Range Shift Up
  • Memory (FBVDD/Q) Voltage Measurement
  • Memory (FBVDD/Q) OverVoltage
  • PLL Voltage Measurement

Front and back pics (click for high-res version):

GtxTitanVmodFrontThumb.jpg GtxTitanVmodBackThumb.jpg

Okay, here is the BIOS. It's the same like every other extreme overclocker is using but can't share. Basically:

- version 80.10.2C.00.00 = engineering bios

- version 80.10.2C.00.02 = retail bios

With this bios you will have power limit raised to +300%, also for air cooling. Beware ... this is an engineering BIOS for a reason!

Link: http://downloads.hwbot.org/downloads/VGABIOS/GK110XOC.rom

Edited by Massman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is the BIOS. It's the same like every other extreme overclocker is using but can't share. Basically:

With this bios you will have power limit raised to +300%, also for air cooling. Beware ... this is an engineering BIOS for a reason!

Stupid question time: Does this raise voltage in any appreciable way? I want to test our card with all available power, but do not want to kill it on air. I presume it does not and it's safe, hence the "also for air cooling", but want to be absolutely sure before I toast our card.

Thanks for posting this PJ!

Thanks for share and to your help to extreme overclockers community.

Attempt that the mods is really dangerous... because PWM is too weak.

Then... for each one that will allow this mods... I strongly recommend you don't go for high voltages.

I believe we will see lots of great results after this.

Best wishes.

Guest cowgut

Well tbh i'm to chicken shit to go over 1.29v since i have no plans to make two headed transplant card.

Even just cap mods will shorten the life really fast on weak boards

But would like some info on that one,like if its done on hardware will it bypass any clock limits in software or vise versa ect ect.

Guest cowgut

Same as my stock card when it comes to 2d clocks and voltage,3d has 1.238v but voltage slider adds nothing.

PL is up to 300%

SO

2d .887

lp 3d 1.018v

3d 1.238v

clocks

2d 875

3D 1032

Guest cowgut

i only tested heaven and 3d 11

but it dont look like it to me so far tested with 1.28v and quite fans.

Might put it under some cold today just to see how it goes.

I limit out the pl @160% think thats the max tbh.

this card has no shorted resisters or any other mods other then some voltage.

mmbiostest.jpg

*edit

ok same volts/bios but just the two 5Mo power sence resisters shunted

never over 116 pl for 3d11 now

testt3d111267.jpg

*edit

Tried the bios under dice.

First off the thremal mod does help alittle but still need to change dvi connector -15c,but no boot issues down to -50c.

i get lock ups i think do to low voltage(1.30) at around 1380 but 1320 or so np all day in all benches.

03 dont pull power so it really flys when running that.

Other wise i cant complain with just bios and some voltage on this card.

Maybe best bios for the person with 24/7 in mind

Edited by cowgut

Gino ,you did that volt mod on the lab 501 picture to add voltage and that's all the hard mods needed for more voltage ? Thank you bro.

I just need a bit more voltage range between 1.35v ~ 1.40v.core max. For the life of me I cannot raise v.core via software with any tool , so indeed hardmod its a must. So no software can adjust voltages ? I have soldered wires for measure v.core and v.mem and the readings under load 3d are always the same 1.21v. no matter what software I use to get more voltage it does not change or work even when I move the slider for v.core up or down in MSI SB or Asus software.

Edited by chispy