HWBOT Community Forums

Asus TUSL2-C & CUSL2 voltmods

GRIFF

18.01.2014 - add simple vid mod

19.01.2014 - add Ultra-fast and simple mod for VDIMM TUSL2-C, CUSL2 & CUSL2-C.

04.06.2023 - add new link for photos

Voltmods Asus CUSL2, CUSL2-C ita_rus_eng

Voltmod Asus CUSL2 & CUSL2-C_Vmem.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very simple VID mod for Asus TUSL2, TUSL2-C, CUSL2, CUSL2-C with HIP6021 pwm controller

In this case the values of the voltages in the bios is another plus:

* 1.70V = 2.0V (although the datasheet says that must be 0)

* 1.75V = 2.1V

* 1.80V = 2.2V

* 1.85V = 2.3V

* 1.90V = 2.4V

* 1.95V = 2.5V

* 2.00V = 2.6V

Simple VID mod

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultra-fast and simple mod for VDIMM TUSL2-C, CUSL2 & CUSL2-C.

Obtained with the measured real voltage equal to 3.85-3.9V depends on the motherboard and power supply.

Mode 'of use: *

1) Insert jumper between contacts 3 and 4 means set 3.6V *

2) start the system *

3) at any time after the first boot screen to enter the second jumper between pins 1 and 2 (as set for 3.4V) *

P.S. With two jumpers inserted at the same time the system will not start if the chipset voltage less than 1.95V, tried it on TUSL2 with VNB-C mod that lies above. *

With VNB = 2.05V the system also with VDIMM = 3.95V. *

END

Jumper MEM mod

Edited by GRIFF

14.04.2013 - convert to zip all files

19.01.2014 - add pictures of Vnb mod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vnb TUSL2-C voltmod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voltmods Asus TUSL2-C ita_rus_eng

Voltmod Asus TUSL2-C_Vcore_ita_rus_eng.zip

Edited by GRIFF

Dear friends, please keep in mind that CUSL/TUSL motherboards were shipped with different power controllers - RT9238 & ISL6524. So mods are a bit different for these controllers.

Nice work, Griff. It would be really nice if you also add photos with indication of v-points to measure voltage for each mod as well as indicate "safe" limits for each and every voltage (i.e. high Vmem of >3.8v is said to kill southbridge quickly).

Dear friends, please keep in mind that CUSL/TUSL motherboards were shipped with different power controllers - RT9238 & ISL6524. So mods are a bit different for these controllers.

Nice work, Griff. It would be really nice if you also add photos with indication of v-points to measure voltage for each mod as well as indicate "safe" limits for each and every voltage (i.e. high Vmem of >3.8v is said to kill southbridge quickly).

Ok, important notes. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Voltmods Asus TUSL2-C ita_rus_eng

14.04.2013 - convert to zip all files

vCore not working for me on my TUSL2-C with RT9238

I also have CUSL2 with HIP6021ACB

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

hi all!

imageshack hosting is RIP, and GRIFFs pictures with vmem and vcore mod for CUSL2 RIP too...

voltmod for Renesas HIP6021 PWM (CUSL2)

LcjCsQR.png

voltage table:

0fHZhdl.pngRc6HXob.png

0 - connected to @ground :D

1 - open

so for mendocino celeron i need 2.8 vcore: open 3, 5, 6, 7 legs (VID4, VID2, VID1, VID0)

BwdN3a2.png

and connect 4 pin (VID3) to the gnd
VEDXGCL.png

result

Kd1grEK.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
Spoiler
On 6/23/2021 at 8:40 PM, moi_kot_lybit_moloko said:

hi all!

imageshack hosting is RIP, and GRIFFs pictures with vmem and vcore mod for CUSL2 RIP too...

voltmod for Renesas HIP6021 PWM (CUSL2)

LcjCsQR.png

voltage table:

0fHZhdl.pngRc6HXob.png

0 - connected to @ground :D

1 - open

so for mendocino celeron i need 2.8 vcore: open 3, 5, 6, 7 legs (VID4, VID2, VID1, VID0)

BwdN3a2.png

and connect 4 pin (VID3) to the gnd
VEDXGCL.png

result

Kd1grEK.png

@moi_kot_lybit_molokothx  for  normal photo ? i take it photo-2023-02-12-21-29-40.jpg

Edited by Zombie568
  • Like 1