HWBOT Community Forums

Haswell 4670K/4770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

• Crew

hey guys, many of you talk about a FIVR issue that some of the mobo brands have, what exactly happens when a cpu has this issue? like what is the symptoms, what happens when you run High Volt on maximus vs High Volt on gigabyte, does the CPU shut down or cant the board set the volts or what

cool

hey guys, many of you talk about a FIVR issue that some of the mobo brands have, what exactly happens when a cpu has this issue? like what is the symptoms, what happens when you run High Volt on maximus vs High Volt on gigabyte, does the CPU shut down or cant the board set the volts or what

cool

I'm guessing they are talking about ES cpu's that have this problem. When you set for example 1.8v in bios, it's 1.6v real. On some boards you don't have this problem as it seems. Not all ES cpu's have this problem. The early ones mostly do.

cool

No matter what voltage you set in the BIOS, anything >1.6V will be 1.6V real. Your OC sense will make you say "this CPU doesn't scale with volts".

• Crew
L310B488 2C/2T. 4.8GHz 32M @ 1.375v. 4.9GHz = BSOD

i tested 5 of those and drweez tested 2,

they we've had from 1.5+v for 5ghz and as low as my golden 1.25v for 5ghz. all did the same -122 ish CB. EXCEPT for my golden 1.25v 5ghz does -100 cb so it sucks.. maxed 6.2 for pifast and my best L310B488 does 1.38v 5ghz and max 6377 pifast 6ghz cinebench -125. So after air binning ln2 binning is needed for sure :(.

Low volts is good, but if it has CB too soon you will get scorned like me >_<.

PS: what VCCIN / VRIN you using for your runs there k404?

Edited by Vivi

Hey Vivi :D I airtest at 1.85vRIN. At this load, I don't think PWM is any kind of bottleneck. Hell... My board doesn't even have it's PWM heatsink on it, the PWM is cool to the touch.

There's enough correlation between MHz & volts that I can writeoff everything that needs >1.40v for 5GHz. I'm not in a position to LN2 test everything :(

• Crew
Hey Vivi :D I airtest at 1.85vRIN. At this load, I don't think PWM is any kind of bottleneck. Hell... My board doesn't even have it's PWM heatsink on it, the PWM is cool to the touch.

There's enough correlation between MHz & volts that I can writeoff everything that needs >1.40v for 5GHz. I'm not in a position to LN2 test everything :(

just for shits and giggles try 2.2v VRin for your 1.4 run and see if its 4.9 stable? Just so i can writeoff in my head that 2.2 is needed for 1.4 to be stable on my side, i know its high but for me this batch likes it high.

we all still learning so it will help for me to know if it helps you or not :P

Sure, give me 30 minutes :) (I know... it doesn't take that long, but i'm chilled) :D

Done! 2.20vRin didn't help at all. I started at 1.60vRin and worked up, made no difference at all to MHz. I *did* notice that at low vRin, it was hard to get into BIOS to change settings- it kept freezing, even though it would boot and run SPi no problem

I missed one BIOS setting before, this chip is 4.9GHz @ 1.375. Original binning post updated :)

Edited by K404