HWBOT Community Forums

Haswell 4670K/4770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

• Crew
I was with the F5b, 100MHz strap, now I updated to the F5q Beta Bios but I left uncore @ Auto, now is there a change in the values if I set it different from 35x?

Oh and thanks for the reply, really! I was getting mad, seriously :\

EDIT: 4.5GHz Uncore with 1.15v vRing, is it ok?

yea man thats good, see if you can do 4800 ucore at 1.35v then you in the zone

• Crew
As soon as I finish updating EasyTune, I'll try that! If I hit 4.8GHz with Uncore at less than 1.35v I'm good right?

yea but not sure if it will help if you are not at 4.9ghz or higher, uncore only helps your score when it's close to CPU mhz, but not higher. so you would need to be on 5ghz for 4.8 to mean something. but yes if you can do it you can atleast see if your cpu is capable

Test completed, EasyTunes refuses to start, it worked back on the Z87X UD3H, not on the OC -.-

However, 1.25 vRing in BIOS, + 325mV VRing protection, it reflected in a 1.28 from HwMonitor: 4.8GHz stabile both CPU and uncore, dunno if it's relevant, but here it goes, 12k CPU score 3DMark11 lol

dd5034ef.jpg

Hi guys,

This is my first post on hwbot, i got the intel 4670k and noticed that this batch isn't on this forum.

it's a L315B403 and does 4.6ghz on 1.19v.

the temps are also very nice, looking at 55c average and peaks of 65c and this is with nb-cache on 4400mhz @ 1.225v.

Edit:

I'm using the prolimatech megahalems rev b. with 2 coolermaster black series fans, running at 1800rpm.

hope this helps

Edited by XeG
cooling solution

Hi guys,

This is my first post on hwbot, i got the intel 4670k and noticed that this batch isn't on this forum.

it's a L315B403 and does 4.6ghz on 1.19v.

the temps are also very nice, looking at 55c average and peaks of 65c and this is with nb-cache on 4400mhz @ 1.225v.

Edit:

I'm using the prolimatech megahalems rev b. with 2 coolermaster black series fans, running at 1800rpm.

hope this helps

I'm not really much into i5s, but it seems like that's pretty good!

However, seems like I can almost bench all of the 3D with 1.3v @ 4.9GHz and uncore @ 4.8GHz...

I'm not really much into i5s, but it seems like that's pretty good!

However, seems like I can almost bench all of the 3D with 1.3v @ 4.9GHz and uncore @ 4.8GHz...

Thanks,

The main reason why i'm not clocking further is because i'm in the sweet zone.

if i ramp the voltage up to 1.25 or 1.3v, the cpu spikes up to 90-95c, and isn't realy worth it.

Besides that all the cpu's functions and power saving functions are still enabled.

The cpu does run stable on 4.8ghz with these voltages tho.

Looks like the internal Thermal grease is bottlenecking and i will need to delid it to get 1.3v under nice temps, maby something for in the future.

And i dont think i will get my cache speed running any higher than that, i'm more or less stuck at 4400mhz.

4500mhz needs 1.295 volts and 4600mhz needs over 1.35v and temps where against me behind this point.

Edited by XeG

Test completed, EasyTunes refuses to start, it worked back on the Z87X UD3H, not on the OC -.-

However, 1.25 vRing in BIOS, + 325mV VRing protection, it reflected in a 1.28 from HwMonitor: 4.8GHz stabile both CPU and uncore, dunno if it's relevant, but here it goes, 12k CPU score 3DMark11 lol

dd5034ef.jpg

Too low. 3dmark 11 on 4.5ghz physics is already 12.3k n 4.7 at 13k( uncore 4 only)

Well my only good Haswell just got wounded tonight and is dying slowly ,IMC is hurt badly and cpu wont clock to 6Ghz stable for 3d benchies anymore , now max for 3D is 5924Mhz , @ -115c , that's 3 completely dead cpus and one dying = 4 cpus in 3 weeks out of 6 cpus . I will stopped right now bining cpus , is not worth it , they are way too fragile and die too easily + low clocks + require massive voltage + Heat Monsters + very low cb + cbb = no no .....

I can safely say it , Intel Haswell it is a Big Flop. the only good thing are the awesome motherboads out there , amazing new features. but Intel drop the ball on us.

• Crew
Well my only good Haswell just got wounded tonight and is dying slowly ,IMC is hurt badly and cpu wont clock to 6Ghz stable for 3d benchies anymore , now max for 3D is 5924Mhz , @ -115c , that's 3 completely dead cpus and one dying = 4 cpus in 3 weeks out of 6 cpus . I will stopped right now bining cpus , is not worth it , they are way too fragile and die too easily + low clocks + require massive voltage + Heat Monsters + very low cb + cbb = no no .....

I can safely say it , Intel Haswell it is a Big Flop. the only good thing are the awesome motherboads out there , amazing new features. but Intel drop the ball on us.

what VRING chispy?

Hola Goddy 2.81 Vring , 1.0 vttddr , I think what it hurt this imc was running my ram at 2700+ cas 9 with super thight timings as I was trying and testing 01 with very high v.mem 2.1volts and super thight timings on it cpu at 6024Mhz 2 cores only tested twice while pre-testing VGA clocks and on my third run code 00 for a while , clear cmos then code 55 all the time , then it would not run memory other than stock speeds on auto , and even so sometimes it would boot sometimes , sometimes it would hang in bios with code 00 or code 55. At that point the cpu would not run over 6hz :( and imc is badly hurt. I even tested on 2 mobos , Asus Z87-Pro and M6E.

@ Chispy, "00" usually means the board try to recycle after some changes in bios setting. "55" means ram settings too tight/high or need more v.

So far I saw system stuck permanently @ "78" or "71" which probably means cpu half dead with damaged cpu's pci-e or pch.

Hope your cpu is ok.

@ Chispy, "00" usually means the board try to recycle after some changes in bios setting. "55" means ram settings too tight/high or need more v.

So far I saw system stuck permanently @ "78" or "71" which probably means cpu half dead with damaged cpu's pci-e or pch.

Hope your cpu is ok.

Thank you for the heads up and the good vibes my good friend Dumo. I will re-test tonite again to see if the cpu still alive :o. Very frustrated and upset at this point.

Edited by chispy

Too low. 3dmark 11 on 4.5ghz physics is already 12.3k n 4.7 at 13k( uncore 4 only)

Picture of what you said? I'm sure 1 hr Linx with Memory @ All is pretty enough to establish if I'm rock solid or not...

Oh and my RAM @ 2133 9 11 10 30 2T, pretty crappy ones

4770k@ L311B514- 5ghz no boot

4670k@ L315B388 - 5 ghz/ 1.25v 32m pass , i test it on LN2 soon , if no died prematurely like others cpu´s

Good Luck nachtfalke that 4670K looks promising , ill cross my fingers for good luck for you , just please take it easy on the volts and high mem they are dying just looking at them lol , Im done with Haswell :P Hurry up Intel and Bring me IB-E :D

Todays binning:

4770K L309B316 @ 4900MHz, 1.45v 2C/2T = BSOD on desktop = tragic bunny

4670K: L311B286 @ 5GHz, 1.45v 2C/2T = SPi32M

4670K: L312B317 @ 5GHz, 1.37v 2C/2T = SPi32M

OMG L309B316 4900 1.45 BSOD??? THat's some crappy CPU over there lol

However guys, dafuq is the "bunny extraction" thing you all talk about? lol