HWBOT Community Forums

Haswell 4670K/4770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

Does anyone have L315B and newer chips? I'm wondering if the silicon is getting any better.

I have one, its a L315B403 and does 4.6ghz on a rough 1.19v i think it'll be stable at 1.16v(work still in progress). temps are also very nice on this chip, look at page 19 for more info.

• Crew
Ciruzzo Raise your mem mhz then you will se that the cpu is going to need more vcore than 1.19v you are only running 2133mhz mem thats a huge bottleneck on haswell cpu also only cl. 9

come on riska i have tested enough CPU on ln2 to know that your 5.8 dice cinebench cpu is a gem! SHow us some ln2 :P

Ciruzzo Raise your mem mhz then you will se that the cpu is going to need more vcore than 1.19v you are only running 2133mhz mem thats a huge bottleneck on haswell cpu also only cl. 9

At the moment this memory kit sucks and seems like it's slowly dying, I'm waiting for my Avexir 2666 4x4GB kit that Krokkato (my website mate and OC team duo buddy) has at his own home, then I'll bench @ 2800MHz with RAM ;)

@ Chispy, "00" usually means the board try to recycle after some changes in bios setting. "55" means ram settings too tight/high or need more v.

So far I saw system stuck permanently @ "78" or "71" which probably means cpu half dead with damaged cpu's pci-e or pch.

Hope your cpu is ok.

My good 4670k I thought it was dead or IMC was hurt just to find out is working great again on M6E and Z87-Pro. After last night benching at -115c 3 hours into the benching session everything was going great , so I was as happy as a dog with 2 tails , I did what Dumo suggested me , and I did not run the Ram ( Sammies TX LV cas 9 ) at very very thight timings second and thirdiaries. It ran flawlessly even with uncore at 5120.7 as before it was not stable with that uncore so high , I was running at 5925Mhz 1.88v. core and I tweaked all other voltages for stability and find the sweet spot :up: it felt good :) I saved a lot of profiles already due to so many tweaking on the voltages and checking for stability. After 3 hours into benching flawleesly 3D at those speeds I got a BSOD and then when I re-boot code 55 , clear settings re-boot again code00 , re-boot again code 55. At this point I hit the memory OK button "w00t" amazing feature in Asus boards :up: , I was able to boot again at same settings and cpu speeds but , I could only run the Ram at stock speeds or Auto otherwise code 55. I ran a few more benchies at 5924Mhz cpu but with Ram at auto. sometimes It would get stuck at multi x8 only in windows. Me been a curious guy. I shut down the rig and started looking with a magnifiying glass at the board M6E , I took one piece out of the board at a time vga all ok , memory :eek: slot had water in it due to condensation eventhought I did an awesome job ( or so I think ) in the insulation , even put some Vaseline in the Ram contacts. To end the Story , all the troubles I have had with the good 4670K Haswell was due to condensation and water finding its way to the Ram slots , I have no idea how it got there but that is findings why cpu was acting crazy. I guess tonite when I go cold again will put lots of Vaseline in the Ram slots and try to insulate that part of the board much better.

Example #1 , CPU running flawlessly 01 in the first 3 hours: CPU at 5925Mhz , Uncore at 5120 ,Ram at 1338 cas9 thight.

wbf9.jpg

Example #2 , CPU started to act weird , code 55 , code 00 and sometimes cpu multi stuck at x8 inside windows that was after 3 hours subsero. from this point on forward I could only bench at Ram speed on Auto settings but same cpu speeds.

vq01.jpg

Conclusion , the problems was not the cpu or the motherboards , The problems was water into the Ram slots :yepp:. So take this as an example guys , if your cpu act weird and you think like me ( cpu dying ) , please check and verify your Ram slots for water or condensation around Ram slots.

I am done with Haswell. It's pointless. I will not get more ES, so I am stuck with not clocking retails. I will do some reviews/best scores I can and that's all. Waiting for new stepping.

Or just wait for Costa Rica's to come out, probably that'd be better even if in the same stepping, similarly to what happened with IB...

My good 4670k I thought it was dead or IMC was hurt just to find out is working great again on M6E and Z87-Pro. After last night benching at -115c 3 hours into the benching session everything was going great , so I was as happy as a dog with 2 tails , I did what Dumo suggested me , and I did not run the Ram ( Sammies TX LV cas 9 ) at very very thight timings second and thirdiaries. It ran flawlessly even with uncore at 5120.7 as before it was not stable with that uncore so high , I was running at 5925Mhz 1.88v. core and I tweaked all other voltages for stability and find the sweet spot :up: it felt good :) I saved a lot of profiles already due to so many tweaking on the voltages and checking for stability. After 3 hours into benching flawleesly 3D at those speeds I got a BSOD and then when I re-boot code 55 , clear settings re-boot again code00 , re-boot again code 55. At this point I hit the memory OK button "w00t" amazing feature in Asus boards :up: , I was able to boot again at same settings and cpu speeds but , I could only run the Ram at stock speeds or Auto otherwise code 55. I ran a few more benchies at 5924Mhz cpu but with Ram at auto. sometimes It would get stuck at multi x8 only in windows. Me been a curious guy. I shut down the rig and started looking with a magnifiying glass at the board M6E , I took one piece out of the board at a time vga all ok , memory :eek: slot had water in it due to condensation eventhought I did an awesome job ( or so I think ) in the insulation , even put some Vaseline in the Ram contacts. To end the Story , all the troubles I have had with the good 4670K Haswell was due to condensation and water finding its way to the Ram slots , I have no idea how it got there but that is findings why cpu was acting crazy. I guess tonite when I go cold again will put lots of Vaseline in the Ram slots and try to insulate that part of the board much better.

Example #1 , CPU running flawlessly 01 in the first 3 hours: CPU at 5925Mhz , Uncore at 5120 ,Ram at 1338 cas9 thight.

wbf9.jpg

Example #2 , CPU started to act weird , code 55 , code 00 and sometimes cpu multi stuck at x8 inside windows that was after 3 hours subsero. from this point on forward I could only bench at Ram speed on Auto settings but same cpu speeds.

vq01.jpg

Conclusion , the problems was not the cpu or the motherboards , The problems was water into the Ram slots :yepp:. So take this as an example guys , if your cpu act weird and you think like me ( cpu dying ) , please check and verify your Ram slots for water or condensation around Ram slots.

Damn man, I think it's a great news! Thanks God your CPU hasn't died ;)

Or just wait for Costa Rica's to come out, probably that'd be better even if in the same stepping, similarly to what happened with IB...

ES Haswells are Malay. In IB Malay matched Costa Rica, and most Malay's had better IMC. Maybe average was a bit better on CR, but many great 7 GHz chips were Malay.

Picked up an L307B156 yesterday. I wanted to try some of the later silicon (L315 and higher), but it seemed like my local Microcenter hasn't sold enough chips to get a new shipment. Everything there that I saw was L307.

Having similar issues where I'm at. Stores still have the first shipment.. isnt even an ETA on the next batch at Fry's until they move more CPU off the shelf it seems.. ;(

@1.92v, it might not be for long :P

Good to know your problem is....not a problem :) I hope my CPU has the same recovery :)

Thanks Kenny , hahaha ... only 1.92v. for a brief moment for a quick validation , usually this cpu like 1.74~1.82v is the sweet spot. Good Luck on yours I hope it has a good recovery like mine did :celebration:

Kind Regards: Angelo.