HWBOT Community Forums

Modded bios for Abit AN7

Paddopaul

Hello All,

I there somebody here who got a nice modded bios for a AN7 ?

I prefer the bios from Tictac or from Mr Enduracell‎.

Any good overclock bios will do.

I searched for a nice bios but it all ends to the Abit forum(wich doesn't exist anymore) or other dead links.

Thanks in advance,

Paddopaul

• Crew

Scotty knows this board maybe better than the constitution. :D

I hope he makes an overview.

How about making a more detailed specs page using the community power? We can easily beat Wikipedia in means of hardware articles ;)

Even attach fotos of hardware some of which is very hard to find, but the members do have it.

• Crew

Well, I was talking not only about modded BIOS but wider - an overview of the board it's overclocking fame or "unfame" and so on. The differences between boards of same manufacturer and same chipset. DX support and 3D capabilities for old cards, tech info.

It's a tough one for the crew but easy enough for the community. If you accept this consideration, of course.

Besides I've got the NOA BIOS for Asus P3B-F. Maybe make a thread for the hardware page additions?

I'm far from a professional reviewer, so I have no idea what you would expect in an overview if I were to write one. Just for the record, I have an extensive collection of modded bios' covering most all K7, K8, PIII, and a few P4 boards. Most of these you can't find anymore. If anybody is looking for a particular bios feel free to ask in a thread or PM me. I'm here daily.

• 3 weeks later...
Well , i've read that the NF7 limits around 220-225fsb and that you can co higher with a modified bios.

Ok, now I understand. We were talking AN7 but I can do NF7 just as well. You confused me is all. The FSB limit on a NF7 is mostly because the board will only give you 1.75v to the NB. For higher FSB you need a voltmod to get that up around 1.9-2.0v and good active cooling. A modded bios will help you slightly before the voltmod and alot more after the mod. I can provide you a link to the mod and a bios if you'd like.

my nf7-s does with 1.77vnb ~260mhz fsb under air, but with mod bios. ;)

You got a good one then. Mine only did 240 FSB @ 1.75v. After the mod, I could go 270 FSB @ 1.9v.

Just for grins, what is your preferred modded bios?

Edited by Mr.Scott

• 9 years later...

That is a high bus speed. Do you have a changelog?

I will download them later today and make sure to test them. I have more then one bios chip anyway. 

Edit: Thank you for the effort

I was wondering if you made changes to other socket A mainboard bios files? I have more good mainbords at home...

Edited by Sparks.nl

I still have the mod files somewhere, but it was some time ago, so I will have to re-learn everything if I want to mod another bios.

The bios should have the usual romsip tables, bpl and soft L12 mods, plus updated SATA controller firmware. They are based on the final bios for AN7.

This seems to be the best result I have with this motherboard: https://hwbot.org/submission/2940297_i.nfrar.ed_superpi___1m_athlon_xp_2500_(barton)_33sec_328ms

Bioses for NF7-S v2 shared as well: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByfNThxT1gbTaTFYTUg1a3p6VFk

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I was hoping for NF7-s. These should also work on my NF7 non S (others work when switching chips). I have 3 nf7-s/nf7. 

Too bad 8rda6+ pro is not one of them. But still... ??

Edit: It seems a problem board so far. Mounting is a living hell (somehow the cpu is not mounted Ok 70% of the times). And even with oc bioses en known cpu’s it won’t post on oc settings 90% of the times. 

Edit2: Solved al issues by using a different bios. Running 267MHz FSB 1T (post) now. Memory was in sync at 2.5-4-4-8. 

Edited by Sparks.nl

• 2 months later...