HWBOT Community Forums

First Haswell Valids

It's MSI. They're the only ones still doing POSCaps around the socket these days. They also do the white lines coming out from the socket and you can see the top of the chokes is blurred since they have the raised logos and lettering, which is also fairly unique to MSI.

Here's a close-up of the Z77A-GD65:

e16d634b_MSI.png

• Thanks 1

it was optional for Z77, so manufacturers could do it or not, but it was introduced too close to launch. I do think asus optimized it more of course, however it has its own downfalls as it isn't perfect and a reason haswell is also a bit different. Daisy chain has advantages for only single DIMM per channel operation in that a single slot with it should run better than a typical T configuration because the T works better with 4 DIMMs because of the way the traces are drawn and the route the signal needs to take. You shot something down a daisy chain and its a straight shot(for the mot part), however doing the T is a bit tricky, you hope the signal doesn't get interrupted because of that intersection. However in 4 DIMM operation you can the possibility of reinforcing the signal when both DIMMs are filled(on reason for instance the gigabyte Z77 boards usually had better 4 DIMM samsung OC than 2 DIMM samsung OC).

Also optimizing a BIOS for some boards that have it and some that doesn't is pretty hard as well(I think all of asus's had it). I mean if you take a UD5H right now and flash it with one of the latest BIOSes you will see it OCes memory very well, just there are no profiles or anything to help you out, but if you copy the timings from another brand, you might be surprised, it will OC better than it did half a year ago.

There was no doubt asus did an awesome job with it, but i don't like how they got everyone to think they designed basic routing design, i mean do they think no one ever int he world has thought about routing a trace like that? They just invented it? let's see a patent(b/c this is the type of thing you patent).

anyways end of my rant.

Edited by sin0822
  • Thanks 1

still showing same on Maxpower as previous.. cant imagine what has been causing all of the different readings from one manufacturer to the next.. though same CPU needs different vcore and SVID in different branded mobo too.. so, go figure.