HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z87 Comes With Waterproof Conformal Coating?

Massman

quality, bring it on! haha we can do it in person, like a live trivia! Also I can be mad, ASRock doesn't like me at all, right? I heard you guys even tried to get Intersil to sue me! haha.

At least be more gentle when being biased towards your lovely brand,you know...

Ohh.. I just threw up in my mouth a bit, lookin at that photo. Thankfully, its dry enough where I live to bench with no real prep and minimal coverage of anything really. Vas in the RAM and PCI-E is a must for going cold on everything, still.. but the amount of vas in that pic is insanity. I dont want to ever live/bench somewhere where the amount of humidity is high enough to warrant that..

Just got down with the vas on the most recent Z77 OC Formula since there have been so many sessions with cold on the memory. Yes it is a bit messy at first the peace of mind of a condensation free session is totally worth it I think.

For just cpu, no need to go that hard if you live in a dry climate, but if the board is going to be benched cold on cpu, gpu and memory and is a permanent bench board then I don't think there is anything wrong with the vas treatment.

Also I don't think you need Hondacity style vas treatment with an inch tall layer of goo covering everything, just a thin layer and then melt it with the heat gun so it goes everywhere in those hard to reach spots.

ew, i just use silicone grease, and unlike vas it is really hard to remove. But I found away using a part of my insulation method I no longer use: the rubber eraser. It is VERY absorbent and absorbs the grease right up, and if you let it sit on a piece of paper or a napkin, after time I think the grease goes to it and you can reuse the eraser to erase the grease. I still don't have the balls to toss my motherboard into a dishwasher lol.

Toooo late. Gigabyte troll, it's part of a viral marketing campaign for Gigabyte's next addition to the G1 motherboard series. The Gigabyte G1 Troll. It randomly tells you that you could do a better job OCing if you added some MHz. In the BIOS it plays a badly recorded audio version of The Billy Goats Gruff.