HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE OC Board BIOS

you know what would be nice? like randomly the BIOS screen should just show one of those freaky images that pops up and scares the crap out of you when you watch a movie or do something, it used to be more popular. You can name the feature "awake mode" to wake users up when they doze off in the UEFI lol.

Laugh all you want. Lots of those are already in the new bios

...now OC has just got a whole lot more interesting..:D

the board responds to when your OC fails?.. whoo hoo..:D

..but im worried i would keep getting "JUUUUNKKKK" because my OC keep failing..:P

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else had problems with:

Uncore Freq not changing when the multiplier is changed in BIOS

Multiplier buttons forcing the CPU back to stock MHz until the board is restarted

CPU stuck at 800MHz in Windows (I think also connected to the buttons)

1.65vCore limit, even when 1.80v is set in BIOS

Has anyone else had problems with:

Uncore Freq not changing when the multiplier is changed in BIOS

Multiplier buttons forcing the CPU back to stock MHz until the board is restarted

CPU stuck at 800MHz in Windows (I think also connected to the buttons)

1.65vCore limit, even when 1.80v is set in BIOS

For BIOS F5b

CPU stuck at 800MHz is one of two things:

1. LN2 Switch is on
  2. "High Performance" needs to be selected in Windows 7 to keep it from throttling

I have had issues with Uncore multi not changing anything... I'll experiment with that more tonight.

The multiplier buttons work perfectly for me in Windows 7 and Windows XP. The BCLK buttons only work in Windows 7 for me.

1. Install your OS
  2. Install Intel Management Engine (V9.something)
  3. Install Intel Chipset INF Drivers
  4. Install Gigabyte "OC Button" Driver
  5. Enable EIST in BIOS. Disable all other power-saving features (C1E, C3, etc.)
  6. Hit Windows Key and type "Change P". "Change Power-saving Settings" should be the top result. Choose that and then click the arrow by "Show additional plans". Select "High Performance".

I haven't frozen my chip yet so I have no idea about the Vcore limit. Perhaps you need more input voltage to allow that much Vcore?

About

"Multiplier buttons forcing the CPU back to stock MHz until the board is restarted

CPU stuck at 800MHz in Windows (I think also connected to the buttons)"

Those problems might be related to EIST. To start with, EIST enabled gave me fewer problems, then problems developed. Now, it's disabled and I have more stable MHz, but now the buttons aren't doing anything :P

I also have WILD variations in my SPi times. 0.8secs in 1M and >40 in 32M

Kenny you have QE6S ES stepping, correct? That is why your vcore drops under load as Intel had an issue with earlier FIVR and they fixed this is QEH6 and all retail are based on QEH6 so they figured not much reason to go after a bypass for this, but maybe that will change. If you decrease the temperature the vcore will increase(i think Intel forgot that their CPU has a CB lol), but you can't get above ~1.63 with QE6S even with 2v set, QEH6 doesn't have this issue but they also don't seem to clock that high. ASUS(and then of course lol their sister "a" company) had found a way to bypass that and fix that issue, this doesn't really help any retail CPU much so GBT is still trying to decide what to do.

With 1.00x divider the uncore frequencies seem locked down, try out the 1.25x and 1.67x divider and then change up uncore in f5b and other BIOS. This is has been fixed and a latest BIOS as of a few days ago.

The requirement to use the whole windows mode in high resolution i think is based in the size of the font. I think you must use 1080P, and the iGPU cannot be used period. It gets on my nerves too, but there really isn't any feature in that full mode that isn't in the low resolution mode.

Yea EIST enabled will drop the CPU multiplier down to 8x in windows after a while. But what is cool is that is if you use the trigger switch(slow mode) you can change the multiplier even when the trigger mode is engaged.

Little tip for the changing the boot order of drives: You can select the boot order in windows mode and hold down ALT+arrow left and right to ove it left and right. I am pretty sure its ALT, but it might also be shift or tab, honestly i am kind of blanking.

• Like 1

• Crew

Kenny retail cpu does not have the vcore issue you are seeing on the qe6s. Buy a retail chip mate! You should download extreme bios btw and use 2.9vrin volts also as well as 1.9 vcore on that es once you go past -100. Also vcore scales with cold on tjat es stepping

Ill look into some of the other comments

Btw I put up the latest extreme bios on Gigabyte Tech Daily for OC board, uncore is fixed on it