HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE OC Board BIOS

here i B10 kenny shoudl fix uncore and shoudl let you use multiplier buttons without EIST(that is what i was told, i havn't had a chance to test yet): http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1c3176s876v56

sorry haha i actually re answered your post lol

LN2 switch is now named trigger, it is the left most switch. The board has label's you just goota look close lol.

17834732.jpg

Edited by sin0822

here i B10 kenny shoudl fix uncore and shoudl let you use multiplier buttons without EIST(that is what i was told, i havn't had a chance to test yet): http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1c3176s876v56

sorry haha i actually re answered your post lol

LN2 switch is now named trigger, it is the left most switch. The board has label's you just goota look close lol.

17834732.jpg

I always forget what it's called and just refer to it as LN2 switch :D

VRIN doesn't need to be higher for 5GHz. 1.80-1.90v?

Power limits..... 300W/ 150A is MORE than enough.

Uncore freq..... i've not tested many chips, but I imagine you'll be looking at 4GHz "easy," then tune it up one ratio at a time until it falls over.

"z87-oc f5h and f5i when chaging uncore multi does not seem to be changing uncore speed"

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-752.html#post458264

I cann't confirm,still waiting for my OC.

Noted, it is fixed with BIOS B10, however will be in F BIOS soon. The max multi for the uncore is limited in those BIOSes so that means that using a divider will allow higher frequencies. But yea 1.00x is fixed with B10 as is EIST can now be disabled and OC multiplier with be able to be changed in windows with OC touch and GTL.

Is there a list of safe seetings and voltages etc for say a 5Ghz overclock on the Z87X-OC board?

Such as,

• Max uncore frequency

• Vrin voltage and protection?

• Turbo and power limits?

Etc?

Cheers.

Max uncore? Just high enough to not bottleneck the CPU. At around 4.5ghz on air you wont be able to run uncore at 1:1 with the CPU, you don't need that high uncore for unbottlenecking the CPU, it differs per CPU frequency. However remember on Ivy and sandy it was same as the CPU frequency, even though it doesn't need to be that high. You will prob max out around 4.7ghz stable on air with uncore, if you want more youc an increase ring voltage.

VRIN protection stuff can be left on auto, max? Prob like 2.4-2.5v on air and I wouldn't use 3v on LN2 as it can kill CPUs, others love it tho and it can help with the CB.

Turbo and power limits just leave auto on GBT boards, no need to change them, in fact i wouldn't.

VRIN doesn't need to be higher for 5GHz. 1.80-1.90v?

Power limits..... 300W/ 150A is MORE than enough.

Uncore freq..... i've not tested many chips, but I imagine you'll be looking at 4GHz "easy," then tune it up one ratio at a time until it falls over.

FIVR in put higher works well, you are right for about 1.8-1.9v, i like to just set 2v straight up for 1.3v and up, and 1.8v for 1.3v and below, however if you want your CPU to run cooler you can lower this input voltage, about 1W of power loss per 0.1v of FIVR delta being smaller. However FIVR input needs to be a certain distance(delta) from the output or else clock decreases, cold bug, and voltage droop will occur.

Uncore at 4.5ghz I needed about 4ghz to unbottleneck on superpi, at 4.75ghz I needed 4.3ghz to unbottleneck in superpi, I would guess any bench that uses the cache would really take advantage of higher uncore, however you can easily see the difference between 4ghz and let's say 3.5ghz uncore at 4.5ghz cpu clock.

Edited by sin0822

• Crew
Hy boys...For Z87X-UD3H there is only F5 bios version ? Because the vcore max for cpu is only 1.8V...Any way to go 1.9V ?

Thanks

is your CPU actually scaling past 1.8v? Also when you set VRIN to 2.9 you will get another 0.5v. If you still need more let me know and i will ask bios team to make a bios with higher vcore

is your CPU actually scaling past 1.8v? Also when you set VRIN to 2.9 you will get another 0.5v. If you still need more let me know and i will ask bios team to make a bios with higher vcore

I can try saturday two CPU, batch L310B487 and L310B479...I try with 1.8V max to see how it scale...;) Thanks for now...Stay tuned !!!

I bought X87-OC, and replace Asrock Z87 Extreme 4, but so far this movement is very disappointing. Mostly because can not clock memory higher than 2200MHz. With 24 multy board wouldn't even POST with code 15 on LCD. Same memory and CPU with Asrock passes Pi 32M on 2600Mhz. The memory is Kingston HyperX 2x8GB 1866C9 (Hynix xFR i thing). I tried different BIOS`s, voltages and latency settings. With different strap(1.25) max frequency is ~2350MHz. Same thing happened to me with Ivy and G1 Sniper M3 before PLL overvoltage to be added in BIOS. Someone with any idea ? I bought the board only because of capability to clock inside the Win XP for Super Pi benching with LN2. Now with DDR3 below 2200MHz and Haswell CPU i don`t think even wart to try.