HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE OC Board BIOS

what memory mate?

I tried two different kits

Kingston HyperX Predator 1866 C9 which work fine on Asrock at least at 2600MHz:

G66hueHl.jpg

Second kit G.Skill 2000 C9- I never try it on Haswell but on Ivy they are also fine for 2600MHz:

jGMgCTbl.jpg

On Z87X-OC the system won`t POST above 2200MHz Memory Frequency(hang on code 15).

Guest Bullant

He OClockDoc,few things that should help you,the 15 code shouldn't be no problem,take CMOS battery out for 5 minutes then reinstall battery make sure all power is unplugged or you could try unplug power and press the new comos battery button.You need to clear comos and the board will post again,also you could reinstall cpu as well and use one dim after you've done the comos battery.Then turn on and let it run its cycle if it fails again take battery out for longer with power off then reinstall battery and start board.

Some little tips to start of on memory Freq

1 Disable all unused power saving things in bios,i disable turbo boost technology

2 Advance voltage settings,under advanced power settings leave all on auto to start with

3 Advance voltage settings,CPU core voltage,leave all on auto to start with,just make sure cpu has enough volts for the cpu Ghz your using and dont push uncore speed yet cause you are at stock volts everywhere

4 If using BBSE,PSC set say 8-12-8-28-2600Mhz 100 bCLK and the dram volts you would like that worked on your ivy platform

5 Just leave all sub and tertiary timings on auto for now

Once you are booted in at your Mhz then you can start working volts timings and all that,if doesn't boot then slowly start on the volts and power settings

Edited by Bullant

He OClockDoc,few things that should help you,the 15 code shouldn't be no problem,take CMOS battery out for 5 minutes then reinstall battery make sure all power is unplugged or you could try unplug power and press the new comos battery button.You need to clear comos and the board will post again,also you could reinstall cpu as well and use one dim after you've done the comos battery.Then turn on and let it run its cycle if it fails again take battery out for longer with power off then reinstall battery and start board.

Some little tips to start of on memory Freq

1 Disable all unused power saving things in bios,i disable turbo boost technology

2 Advance voltage settings,under advanced power settings leave all on auto to start with

3 Advance voltage settings,CPU core voltage,leave all on auto to start with,just make sure cpu has enough volts for the cpu Ghz your using and dont push uncore speed yet cause you are at stock volts everywhere

4 If using BBSE,PSC set say 8-12-8-28-2600Mhz 100 bCLK and the dram volts you would like that worked on your ivy platform

5 Just leave all sub and tertiary timings on auto for now

Once you are booted in at your Mhz then you can start working volts timings and all that,if doesn't boot then slowly start on the volts and power settings

The board was dead. I send it for RMA and just receive Asus Maximus 6 Gene as a replacement.

Guest Bullant
Mine is doing the post code 15 thing too... I can't get it to boot no matter what :(

Another easy way to overcome this problem bass is too take the memory out and replace one dim but make sure it is a different dim all together then the two you had in there works for me

Another easy way to overcome this problem bass is too take the memory out and replace one dim but make sure it is a different dim all together then the two you had in there works for me

This worked for a while but it has stopped altogether now. It hangs on 15 no matter what I do (unplug everything, reseat CPU, Clear CMOS, switch memory sticks/types, play with 775 for a while to blow off steam and then switch back, etc.). I'm seeking a replacement now.

• Crew
Is it possible to have a BIOS with extended memory voltage range? 2.1V is not enough for my needs.

i have to test a beta bios today that should do 2.4 via bios

once confirmed ill get a public version out