HWBOT Community Forums

Vishera/Richland SuperPI 32M 5G Challenge

• 3 weeks later...

It has been so long since I really benched SuperPI so I've already forgot all of the tweaks ;)

The memory bandwidth on 15h is irrelevant on SuperPI while the global latency is everything, a complete opposite to 3D.

A 1.6GB/s increase in the bandwidth yielded less than 2 second improvement, while the FIFO latency remained at the same level (MEMCLK/NCLKs).

After calibrating certain settings manually I was able to disable SlowAccessMode and tighten up the internal syncronization.

The 'data eye' is exactly where it should be, even I don't have a scope in my disposal ;)

Atleast I can say that ACI would have worked :(

967829.jpg

http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2384254_the_stilt_superpi___32m_a10_5800k_18min_26sec_479ms?recalculate=true

The bandwidth and the latency seems to be okay too.

ktr5800k5gaidacmb.png

:eek:

How good is the IGP of this "King Trinity"?

It is decent.

The trouble is that you need a high leakage part for 3D.

There is a strict upper limit for UNB VDD which cannot be passed on any of the parts, no matter if they have low or high leakage properties.

Or you can, but you'll kill the chip if you do.

A part with higher leakage properties will require less voltage for frequency X than a part with lower leakage properties. The 'voltage range' will simply be exhausted too soon on the low leakage parts.

Even if I consider myself as "ok" pi32 tweaker, I'm currently many seconds behind.

A lot to learn for Trinity, unless it's some stupid thing that slows things down.

Far away from froxic too, eventhough his cpu is not at 5GHz.

PS: Found the reason - it's called XP. Win7 is so much faster at least on my board.

My cpu is an ultra high leakage part and while it was possible to run 5GHz on XP, it's not the same on 7, so I'll probably have to get the SS running.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

That is unacceptable!

You're completely right :D

http://hwbot.org/submission/2384859_i.nfrar.ed_superpi___32m_a10_5800k_18min_12sec_875ms

969927.jpg

Got XP working and properly tweaked. What I did is to install it on AHCI mode vs IDE before.

Does it really make so big difference?

Couldn't beat you on 7 though, got around 18:22 on same settings as above screenshot.

You're completely right :D

http://hwbot.org/submission/2384859_i.nfrar.ed_superpi___32m_a10_5800k_18min_12sec_875ms

969927.jpg

Got XP working and properly tweaked. What I did is to install it on AHCI mode vs IDE before.

Does it really make so big difference?

Couldn't beat you on 7 though, got around 18:22 on same settings as above screenshot.

Are you sure you did not forget "Turbo Core" on or something? :D

Swapped the PSC to Elpida Hypers and did some tests.

DDR-2133 7-7-5-19-1T is around five seconds slower than DDR-2666 9-11-8-24-1T.

DDR-2400 8-9-7-24-1T is around two seconds slower than DDR-2666 9-11-8-24-1T.

My 18.20.xx time was done on tweaked XP, it made around 6 seconds of difference.

Your time should be atleast 2 seconds slower than mine as thats the difference between our memory frequencies. I also have tighten up the FIFO latency manually (these adjustments are not available on any motherboard), it is worth around 1 second.

None of the tweaks (besides large system cache) made any difference, my OS is quite light by default (41MB RAM usage after boot). Purging the physical memory / releasing the system resource allocation (Wazaa) only seems to be worth of 0.5 seconds or so.

So where has my 10 seconds gone :mad:

Edited by The Stilt