HWBOT Community Forums

Haswell Q-Spec for Engineering Samples

Massman

Just came across a site that listed the various HSW part numbers with ES Q-SPEC. Might be interesting for people who find engineering samples in the wild to identify what part they're dealing with. Website post is from December 23, 2012, by the way!

PCH

[*]QE8X = Q87

[*]QE8Y = Q85

[*]QE8Z = H87

[*]QE90 = Z87

[*]QE92 = B85

[*]QE91 = H81

Processor

• QD4C = ? 4c/4t
  • QDE4 = 2.80GHz 4c/8t, B0
  • QDE5 = 2.60GHz 4c/8t
  • QDE8 = 2.60GHz 4c/8t, B0, does not carry a product name, doesn't go over 30x on multi
  • QE6S = Core i7 4770K (QS')
  • QE6U = Core i7 4770
  • QE6V = Core i5 4670K
  • QE6Z = Core i5 4670
  • QE70 = Core i5 4570
  • QE73 = Core i7 4770S
  • QE74 = Core i5 4570S
  • QE75 = Core i5 4670S
  • QE77 = Core i5 4430S
  • QE78 = Core i7 4770T
  • QE79 = Core i5 4670T
  • QE7A = Core i5 4765T
  • QE7B = Core i5 4570T
  • QE7D = Core i5 4430
  • QEH6 = Core i7 4770K (QS Prime)
  • QG81 = Core i7 4790K
  • QG84 = Core i5 4690K

Source: http://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1356228665.A.120.html

Edited by Don_Dan
adding info

Fyi, there are three types of CPUs

• Engineering sample: testing different variables of the silicon, no product SKU in CPU-Z (like Gulftown A0)
  • Qualification sample: testing the final version of the silicon, carries product SKU in CPU-Z (like all media samples)
  • Retail sample: -duh-

I assume all the question mark Q-SPEC QDxx have "genuine intel" as product name in CPU-Z?

As a sidenote to this, I would like to advocate for allowing qualification samples to be used in all rankings. So, as long as there is a product SKU identifiable in CPUZ the processor sample is allowed in any HWBOT ranking. Anything that just carries the genuine intel naming scheme remains for the pros.

As a sidenote to this, I would like to advocate for allowing qualification samples to be used in all rankings. So, as long as there is a product SKU identifiable in CPUZ the processor sample is allowed in any HWBOT ranking. Anything that just carries the genuine intel naming scheme remains for the pros.

I fully support this proposition. :)

I fully support this proposition. :)

Just posting to say that I support this proposition too! :D

• 1 month later...

I would just like to add to this thread that it is not possible to go with the suggested policy because QE6S carries the exact same product string like QE6H, but is not the final version of the retail silicon. QE6S is a qualification sample but has fiVR related issues. QEH6 is the fixed QE6S and the final retail qualification sample spin.

We can not distinguish a non-retail QS from a retail QS :(.

I would just like to add to this thread that it is not possible to go with the suggested policy because QE6S carries the exact same product string like QE6H, but is not the final version of the retail silicon. QE6S is a qualification sample but has fiVR related issues. QEH6 is the fixed QE6S and the final retail qualification sample spin.

But we can ban all magic ES cpus ;]

Magic QE6H ES are also much better than retails... so far is 20 days after the lauch day. Retails were binned by overclockers and vendors (for OCed computers by default) from 2-3 months. There is a reason why vendors like Asus had to lower def OC in computers :) So far best retail is 6.4 GHz SPI 1M? Not good.

• Like 1

So QEH6 ES presse sample are not allowed ?

Just to be sure ?

• 2 weeks later...