HWBOT Community Forums

HD7790 vmod

elmor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe just bad reading of GPU-Z :S ...regarding fresh new specific drivers of the card.

dude so much fail going on over atm.

I am thinking it has something to do with bclk, because when I switch it from 105.3 to 100 it shows up as x 3.0.

so weird, so I decided to flash a different bios and it hangs in the middle, recovering as we speak lol

dude so much fail going on over atm.

I am thinking it has something to do with bclk, because when I switch it from 105.3 to 100 it shows up as x 3.0.

so weird, so I decided to flash a different bios and it hangs in the middle, recovering as we speak lol

HD7000 series have an issue with BCLK and gen3 mode because of the AMD pcie controller afaik.

On the 7970 it's usually hit and miss with bclk over 103MHz - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Can you fix pcie to gen2 qnd use that instead? Doubt the card needs gen3 anyway :D

HD7000 series have an issue with BCLK and gen3 mode because of the AMD pcie controller afaik.

On the 7970 it's usually hit and miss with bclk over 103MHz - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Can you fix pcie to gen2 qnd use that instead? Doubt the card needs gen3 anyway :D

Did not seem to make a difference:(

GPUv confirmed on NCP flavor as well.. same pinout, just different packaging/rev#.

*Need ILIM and RT

*Need functional cold-slow now too!

NCP/PCP is the same yes.

ILIM is pin #46, resistance between this pin and pin #44 sets OCP threshold. Higher resistance = higher OCP limit. Essentially need to remove the resistor connecting these two pins and replace with higher valued one. Could probably leave there resistor removed to completely disable OCP.

The test bios for cold slow fix didn't work, still looking into it.

Sorry but what do you mean by RT?

• 2 weeks later...