HWBOT Community Forums

[BUGS] Let us know if you experience issues!

It basically is a fresh install. I just installed a bare copy of 7 then made an image of it that I can work from for anything. I just load the image, install XTU and get the error. But I'll try and get to doing that sometime this week.

• 2 weeks later...
Upgrade IE

Un effing believable, kinda ridiculous the things that need to be done to run this benchmark.

I spent 5 hours battling this on the Impact today (multiple reinstalls, XTU versions, lan install etc.. ), and the kicker I had all ready poured down, so trying to diagnose this at -100c, not so much fun :D

Thanks for the prompt reply GENiEBEN, will give it a try tomorrow if time permits.

I just noticed a new version available 4.4.0.4 , was on 4.3 .

Updated through XTU auto updater , rebooted and with new version 4.4.0.4 it still says new version available and yes it is new version .

I set it to ignore 4.4 version for update .

Also on Intel watchdog timer driver

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT)

Should there be driver in the folder, mine is empty except uninstall folder, no other files in there .

Edited by edkiefer

.sys files are not shown unless you enable the Explorer option "Show System Files".

I have that set to show system files.

I checked the log files and all seems ok on install .

Update: On trying to find anything as to why it thinks it needs to be updated , even though it is updated .

I ran CCleaner registry checker and it came up with one error

Uninstaller Reference Issue C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT)\Uninstall\setup.exe -uninstall HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3FD0C489-0F02-481a-A3E1-9754CD396761}

Looking at registry point it looks like it looking for setup.exe in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT)\uninstall" folder or it is just bad reg string .

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3FD0C489-0F02-481a-A3E1-9754CD396761}]

"DisplayName"="Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT)"

"UninstallString"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT)\\Uninstall\\setup.exe -uninstall"

"Publisher"="Intel Corporation"

"EstimatedSize"=dword:00001428

"NoModify"=dword:00000001

"NoRepair"=dword:00000001

"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT)"

"DisplayIcon"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel® WDT)\\Uninstall\\setup.exe,0"

"VersionMajor"=dword:00000000

"VersionMinor"=dword:00000000

Could also be false positive with CCleaner but looks like something is wrong (either reg string or not having setup.exe there .

That is all I could find .

Edited by edkiefer

I'm not an overclocker and my processor is locked. Even though, I was running XTU and was having some fun with it. Why not? It's fun to see how far your machine can go, even if you're not "in the business".

I am doing the only thing I'm able to do: raising (a bit) the reference clock. And I was just about to do what I should have done since the start: to lower my RAM frequency in order to have more room to raise the RC.

But it seems that XTU does not want to play anymore. Watchdog driver stopped working and, much worse than that, now the program always says that my settings "could not be applied". This happens even when I use the most conservative settings (say, RC = 101,52 instead of the last working settings: RC = 103,47).

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled XTU, and I'll do it once more but this time I'll try to clean manually the registry.

BTW, XTU keeps showing my RAM @ 1866, but I have configured it in the BIOS @ 1600 MHz and this was double-checked.

Any help will be appreciated!

i7-4771

DZ87KLT-75K

bios 0450 (latest)

Windows 7 x64

XTU 4.4.0.4

Edited by zambembe

I'm not an overclocker and my processor is locked. Even though, I was running XTU and was having some fun with it. Why not? It's fun to see how far your machine can go, even if you're not "in the business".

I am doing the only thing I'm able to do: raising (a bit) the reference clock. And I was just about to do what I should have done since the start: to lower my RAM frequency in order to have more room to raise the RC.

But it seems that XTU does not want to play anymore. Watchdog driver stopped working and, much worse than that, now the program always says that my settings "could not be applied". This happens even when I use the most conservative settings (say, RC = 101,52 instead of the last working settings: RC = 103,47).

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled XTU, and I'll do it once more but this time I'll try to clean manually the registry.

BTW, XTU keeps showing my RAM @ 1866, but I have configured it in the BIOS @ 1600 MHz and this was double-checked.

Any help will be appreciated!

i7-4771

DZ87KLT-75K

bios 0450 (latest)

Windows 7 x64

XTU 4.4.0.4

Are the two Intel services running , XTU and Integrated clock controller ?

DID this happen after newer version ?

I though even locked processors can up the lower clocks with all cores to highest , meaning in your case all cores running with 39x , not great OC wise but better than nothing .

Are the two Intel services running , XTU and Integrated clock controller ?

DID this happen after newer version ?

I though even locked processors can up the lower clocks with all cores to highest , meaning in your case all cores running with 39x , not great OC wise but better than nothing .

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the Intel XTU service is set to automatic (started), and the Intel ICC service is set to manual (started). The newer XTU version (4.4.0.4) is the only version I ever used.

The last (third) installation of XTU may have corrected the issues. I may test it again in the end of the day.

But I'm more inclined to make the proper configurations directly in the BIOS and then run XTU only for validating purposes. I need to enter the BIOS anyway to modify many settings that XTU does not allow me to modify from inside the software (Clock PLL, Filter PLL, RAM frequency and/or timmings), so it would be easier to raise BCLK (and lower the Core multiplier) to obtain the results I want (at least 4.080 GHz).

Then I will set all cores to the same amount as you suggested, it's a good advice.

My initial intention was to see how far I could go without raising the processor ring voltage (or any voltage whatsoever), but Intel says that 1,24V would be enough for the PRV, so I'm willing to try.

This is a BUG report thread and I don't want to be off-topic... But I'm in the right direction I guess?

• 1 month later...

my failure of installing XTU is continuing.

now even tried on fresh win7 ult 64 with sp1(thought this was cause on my other hdds-all whithout sp1) but did not help now it installs but will not run.

this is the craziest bench ever.did not even run it once since this is on hwbot.

i must be an idiot-tend to give up on this masterpeace of software.

Ok, i accidentally disabled CPU integrated VR faults on my laptop and after restart there is no option to enable it back. So how do i enable it? There is no option for this in bios. I tried reinstalling Intel extreme utility but nothing.

Do you mean this ?

Intel® Integrated Clock Controller Service - Intel® ICCS

If so its a service ,so look there and set to manual (default) .

Not sure if laptop gets different software loaded .

I am having an issue uploading benchmark results. I changed my motherboard yesterday, prior to this uploads worked fine. The new board came with it's own version of XTU (4.4.0.103). Figuring this was the issue I uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest from intel.com (4.4.0.4). This however did not correct the issue. Here is a screenshot of the error.

yXTEv3d.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.