HWBOT Community Forums

[BUGS] Let us know if you experience issues!

• Crew

Got it working now, I really had to connect to the internet.

Like I said installed updates had no effect. But running windows update was like magic. I installed not a single update except Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool which it downloaded automatically and XTU started working.

I disconnected the rig from the net again and XTU is still working.

Fresh full blown windows 7 install, fully updated it, XTU still doesn't want to run the benchmark...

Anyone still has got any releases before 4.20.8 ?

Sorry but this is too much to ask benchers to update e.g. their lite OSses... Everything worked perfectly with the previous version... on the same unupdated OS... Really frustrated about this version...

It is not really related to this version, but rather the renewal of the certificate root authority. That was necessary to comply with Windows 8.1.

So I have to connect to the internet to bench? You are kidding me right, lan drivers to be installed. Seriously...

Guess that explains why I can not get this thing to run the benchmark.

No, you don't have to be connected to the internet to run the benchmark.

What is the error you are seeing?

I think I might have a bug. 4.2 version that supports Sandy Bridge refuses to start, it just says: Unable to start Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application.

4.1 works but with that I can´t run the benchmark...

Anyone with the same problem?

I managed to re-created this issue, and forwarded it to Intel. V4.2.0.6 worked fine on the system, when upgrading to x.8 I get this message.

Fresh full blown windows 7 install, fully updated it, XTU still doesn't want to run the benchmark...

Anyone still has got any releases before 4.20.8 ?

Sorry but this is too much to ask benchers to update e.g. their lite OSses... Everything worked perfectly with the previous version... on the same unupdated OS... Really frustrated about this version...

Got it working now, I really had to connect to the internet.

Like I said installed updates had no effect. But running windows update was like magic. I installed not a single update except Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool which it downloaded automatically and XTU started working.

I disconnected the rig from the net again and XTU is still working.

It is not really related to this version, but rather the renewal of the certificate root authority. That was necessary to comply with Windows 8.1.

No, you don't have to be connected to the internet to run the benchmark.

What is the error you are seeing?

I had the same thing as Leeghoofd - and the fix is to connect to the internet and run updates. Hence my disbelief that to bench I have to fist install a LAN driver and install an updated Malicious Software Removal Tool. But if needs must...

However it does confound.

• Crew

PJ,

I installed a Win7 64bit pro with SP1. Installed the malicious software removal tool ( via the same link as you provided): no go !

I hooked up the PC to the internet and let it sit idle for 15mins ( auto updates selected).

I wanted to reboot, it said it was installing 7 updates. After the reboot, XTU worked... I will try to find time to cross check which updates have been installed via the software history tool.

Keep you posted.

• Crew

Small update:

Reinstalled the OS, LAN drivers and XTU. Tried XTU no go

XTUnogo.JPG

Hooked up the PC to the internet (Windows updates DISABLED),network detected, selected public network and started XTU, it took quite some time before the screen appeared, it popped up and it worked... not a single Windows Update was done !

XTULAN.JPG

So whats the deal here, some online synchronisation has to be performed ?

Edited by Leeghoofd

Can those who have problems send me the logfiles. Send it to pieter AT hwbot POINT org

To get the log files:

- folder: C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

- delete all

- open XTU, when you get the error zip the folder and mail it to me

That should help speed up the debug process.