HWBOT Community Forums

[BUGS] Let us know if you experience issues!

Hi all,

I've had my Asus ROG Hero and 4770k for a few months now and everything has been running great, but I've decided to install the Intel Extreme tuning Utility and try it out. My final score is 572 and that's running pretty much everything on Auto except a few things. So CPU is running at 3.5GHZ turbo pusing it to 3.9GHZ and my Ram is running at stock speeds using the XMP profile at 2400mhz.

What I've notice is that the CPU Utilization keeps bouncing around from 100% to 40% over and over again and my temps are not higher then 59C so it's not a temperature issue but it looks like the CPU is throttling down for some reason. Look at my attachment and specifically the blue line which is the CPU Utilization it's going up and down like a yo-yo.

I went into the BIOS and even disable SpeedStep and Intel adaptive thermal monitor and I get the same results...

Can anybody help me out? I am just wondering if it's normal for the CPU utilization to bounce like that or should it be 1000% for the whole benchmark?

thanks in advance.

Its hard to view that pic but XTU has a throttling % graph , did it ever go above 0% ?

you have to enable the CPU throttling graph is it turned off by default .

I just reran BM and on my system I get a sawtooth pattern running through it 100% usage with down spikes evenly placed to around 70-75% . It does not look like yours though . This is a 3570k here .

You should be in mid 700's range .

Edited by edkiefer

Its hard to view that pic but XTU has a throttling % graph , did it ever go above 0% ?

you have to enable the CPU throttling graph is it turned off by default .

I just reran BM and on my system I get a sawtooth pattern running through it 100% usage with down spikes evenly placed to around 70-75% . It does not look like yours though . This is a 3570k here .

You should be in mid 700's range .

I did not know about the throttling graph, I will activate that right now and re-run the bench and see what happens. I will update with my results shortly.

I enabled the CPU throttling on the graph and I also enabled the Active Core Counts and I run run the bench. Look at my active core count it keeps bouncing never stays at 4, I seen it go down to 3,2 and even 1 during the bench that's not normal right?

My temps are good and the CPU is not throttling.

I enabled the CPU throttling on the graph and I also enabled the Active Core Counts and I run run the bench. Look at my active core count it keeps bouncing never stays at 4, I seen it go down to 3,2 and even 1 during the bench that's not normal right?

My temps are good and the CPU is not throttling.

Yes, your cores seem to go down to 2 active cores , should stay at 4 (for quad ).

I am on SP1 and updated driver wise , so best to install SP1 and see as others mentioned .

Hi All... I installed Win 7 SP1 and also updates my chipset drivers and re-ran the bench and voila all 4 cores are active and more importantly stayed active. thanks Massman and GENiEBEN for the tip that did it for sure. My score is now 923 which I think is good. I will be OC the CPU now a little bit and see how much I can go.

here is a screen shot of my last run. thanks again guys I am super happy now

• Crew
No solution found yet.

I cant imagine they cant fix a bug where some of _their_ cpus dont start with _their_ own application.

You can even start and bench XTU with clarkdales, why shouldnt Sandy Bridge Celerons and Pentiums dont work?

If you still need another log, I could provide one in the next couple of days...

ME 9.5.10 (what installed with XTU 4.2 seems to work fine .

I did have issues of benchmark giving error when trying to run it but last week or so it has worked each time .

XTU OC and profiles work here . I don't have a lot of options (blck , turbo multi , turbo additional voltage ) but these work fine AFAIK .

This is on Win7 PRo , SP1, 4.5net (latest updates )

So maybe the ME package in the 4.2.0.8 installer has some issues? Because ME 9.5 is included in the 4.2.0.8 installer.

for me 4.2.0.8 installed ME 9.5.10.1658 , this is on a P8Z77V-pro with 3570k .

I don't know what changed here that the BM seems to work 100% now .I didn't update ME or any major HW drivers ,other than a vid driver update but that can't be and a update on 4.5.1 net (doubt that did anything) .

This is a 24/7 system ,so it gets windows updates but no driver updates through windows update .

Edited by edkiefer

Want to report or add to what I posted above .

All the test I ran before and BM worked , I had FF running and I just did more testing on this with these findings on my system .

Run XTU BM with FF already running , BM works .

Leaving XTU open and closing FF aftwards and then run BM , BM works .

Closing XTU and FF , and opening XTU and running BM, no good error

So it seems I need web browser open for it to work (initialize ).

I try same thing with IE11 but I can not get XTU BM to work , it only works with Palemoon (FF browser) .

PS: I have Palemoon set to default browser .

Win7 64bit Pro , SP1 all updates , IE11 , Net 4.5.1 , no Java , ME 9.5.10

Edited by edkiefer