HWBOT Community Forums

AndreYang - Core i7 980X @ 6917MHz - 12.23 sec PiFast

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is goin on here? Is it just some kind of a witchhunt? A serious discussion about a result?

C'mon BZ, you're rly goin way to far on this! Pls, pls stop that now! We are all overclockers! Some have the knowlege, others the money.

Some have both. So, wth is the problem with that? I rly don't get it....

AndreYang, you never fail to impress with your scores mate :)

With great power comes great responsibility ;) dont forget

PS wtf at the 1st half of this thread, gave me a stomach ache wadding through that bullshit. :( All of you can buy 12 980x's noone is stopping you.

AndreYang, you never fail to impress with your scores mate :)

With great power comes great responsibility ;) dont forget

PS wtf at the 1st half of this thread, gave me a stomach ache wadding through that bullshit. :( All of you can buy 12 980x's noone is stopping you.

Any idea which shop sells 12 pieces of 6.2ghz Vantage chips? I'll drop the dough if you're in the know.

Andre, where do you buy your chips from? or is it bought straight from intel?

Any idea which shop sells 12 pieces of 6.2ghz Vantage chips? I'll drop the dough if you're in the know.

andre is a stock holder of intel...

intel sends him complimentary super chips

I am in Taiwan now. You can order a lot of pcs in the same store here. I ever bought 100 pcs E8600 at the same store.

Come on Andre, tell them the truth. You're actually buying ESes directly from Intel CEO Paul Otellini for 1 cent per CPU. Then you get the heatspreaders replaced, and the microcode programmed to make them look like retails.

Obvious, isn't it? :P

^but of course, we are all jealous a little. The difference is some are happy for him and some are not. Keep pushing andre, is it still scaling with voltage?

do the F batches seem to run spi 1m and 32m more easily like an a0 would? I hope so :)

I am in Taiwan now. You can order a lot of pcs in the same store here. I even bought 100 pcs E8600 at the same store.

Good stores. There are no shops here at all that sell even one processor anymore. Online is the only option. Taiwan looks the place to be for tech paradise. Location, location, location.

Really good video, thx for sharin.

do the F batches seem to run spi 1m and 32m more easily like an a0 would? I hope so :)

I think the key for getting PI stable is running high Vdimm.

Good stores. There are no shops here at all that sell even one processor anymore. Online is the only option. Taiwan looks the place to be for tech paradise. Location, location, location.

Really good video, thx for sharin.

Really? You just need to look for the performance shops. There's one shop in Belgium that has this performance minded boss and they have 5 980x in stock all the time

You just need to look for the performance shops.

Closest thing to a performance shop here is my personal inventory of hardware aquired thru newegg. Beyond that, its a barren landscape for tech. Can't complain too much, I do live in a tropical paradise filled with smokin hot chicks.

Dang, a lot of jealousy here lol. If you guys have $13Ks to burn then probly one of the guys here can beat Andre's score:)

$13Ks man..as simple as that...

Nice runs there Andre:)

I know two young fellas who are on their 10th 980X already with their best doing 6.2GHz 3D.