HWBOT Community Forums

Achievements - What do you want?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, last year I have benched during my 3 weeks summer holiday to have the award, and 1 or 2 months after, everything had changed

f**k :o

Yes me too Thor I started to play in HWbot not even because of the global I just wanted the Junkie Award!

I got so mad when it was gone I started to bench for Globals :-)

What exactly you mean under the american region? USA, Canada or the countries too from both Americas? Write a letter to richba5tard or make a thread in a forum if you want such ;)

read massman's 1st post in this thread..threads like these are meant for hwbot people to consider good suggestions...its upto to you and the rest of the good hwbot gang to entertain suggestions...

Water cooling and the other "extreme" cooling methods should have been grandfathered in. Now because pictures are required, those stats were voided and require us to start over. :P

+1 to "Socket King" idea.:)

actually i like the pics being semi required..like retail box pics...i dunno its not that difficult...99% of users have cameras...

**batch/revision info for cpu perhaps?

It's perfectly doable!

"S462 King"

name - points

tiborrr - 308.3

Barton - 209.9

Stone_age - 155.3

Turrican - 149.9

Berserker - 143.4

The III - 131.8

hs - 123.5

michaelnm - 108.2

Bwanasoft - 92.9

RIBEIROCROSS - 84.7

qwerty84 - 74.1

maxine - 56.3

Moonman - 52.6

cnzdrn - 49.0

giukey79 - 43.0

Mr.Scott - 42.4

Patrickclouds - 42.0

pxhx - 41.0

Jaan - 39.6

Klausr@HWUS.at - 38.4

• Crew

I think 2D is enough. Another way to increase the CPU tests popularity.

And I agree with richba5tard about two levels of award. But it shouldn't be a fixed value. I think it should depend from the category. Maybe top 5-10?

Or at least to make a list of sockets - socket 3, 7, 8, 370, Slot 1, Slot A, 462, 423, 478, 754, 939, 775, AM2, AM2+, AM3 (or combine AM into one?), 1156, 1366. These should have a king.

But how to check, how much people should be awarded? It's unreal to get 100 points in s423 or socket 8. Though, you may be right about >=100 points - if the category is weak there shouldn't be many people awarded. OTOH the socket can have a low number of CPUs and despite the popularity it won't be able to get 100 points.

So I think some exceptions should be done. But for socket A 100 points looks fine.

As for the icon - if you're speaking about the achievement icon, it should be like you painted. If you'll make a hall of fame for the selected socket, the icon can be like in the leagues. And it would be nice to put this in the signature.

For the "Dual Socket guru" (the one that's not the king) you can take the top 10 in dual socket 7, 8, Slot1, socket 370, 462 rankings - the workstation sockets. For the dual socket you can name it "Twinhead" and put my countries crest on it :D

Edited by Antinomy

Antinomy, if we don't use a fixed value people will not know how close they are to getting the award. If we use a fixed value, the award will show a proper "in progress" status bar.

@massman: looks good to me. Maybe add a small icon in the bottom right to seperate ocking/guru

The amount of points per socket type differ a lot, so 100 isn't applicable everywhere (not that it forms a problem ... we can just change this per socket type)

LGA 775

name sum(result.hwpoints)

jabski 2486.7

GraduS 1376.4

aspms* 1083.1

dRweEz 1049.8

RoccoESA 989.1

TaPaKaH 951.4

kim55 841.2

Moonman 814.0

tiborrr 717.7

jmax_oc 712.7

westyle 704.0

demiurg 621.8

boblemagnifique 613.4

mortisboy 583.6

Maduk 582.0

Deathscyth 557.0

Pt1t 548.0

hs 544.6

Sergey13 544.4

AndreyKV 513.1

• Crew

Maybe making it the top 10% performers in this socket if their overall number is above 100 and 10 if it's between 40 and 100? And 20% if it's under 40 persons?

It's just loud thinking, you are welcome to discuss the calculation.

Edited by Antinomy