HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2013 Discussion

Vivi

What I mean is that all this whinning not happens in the first qualifier...

What schenckel posted about his point of view is real....and not fantasy...

Nobody complained because competitors used stock rigs to comprove scores...so...why suddenly is everybody worried about it now?

PS. Also I don,t understand what people that is not be part of competition... trolling...

Let the MOA competitors decide together MSI and Hwbot the best choice.

Edited by rbuass

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

that plan won't work guys. if the result is suspicious and you get 1800 on stock vrm they will ask you to bench live stream. and risk getting banned from future MOA's in the process. If everyone AND massman agree to doing these "mock" pictures i will wait for E-power to come in stock (if it does..) and join you

Edited by Vivi

OMG

I only comproved that the winner of MOA EMEA did not show his rig after hardmodding, and the score was accepted

Nobody here can prove what hardware was used, and nobody complained.

That rules was not created by me, and I do not consider the winner did cheat, but if there are the rules, this score could not be valid.

image_id_969118.jpeg

image_id_969115.jpeg

The score is not compatible with the pic of the rig......

http://hwbot.org/submission/2384790

Edited by Schenckel bros

Sorry, but picture of rig is completely useless....since it not comprove nothing....I can not believe that some people still not understand.

Or make mandatory a video....or will be useless....

The only other way hwbot and msi have to comprove a hardmodded card was used (with epower zombie or even with Msi lightning zombie), is to be mandatory to winners to send the card to be checked by msi.

Even if the card is death, they can check if the card was corretly wired.

Unfortunately, is the only way...

If is not this way, one overclocker can use an Epower and after bench, wire a Lightning Pwm just for a picture....even if it not works and not corretly wired.

Since is almost impossible to be mandatory the video....sorry, but will be impossible to have comproved scores by picture if is not this way (video or check the vga)

Edited by rbuass

PS. Also I don,t understand what people that is not be part of competition... trolling...

Let the MOA competitors decide together MSI and Hwbot the best choice.

You can shut your pie hole homie. I see no private MOA thread here. Everybody can contribute their opinion.

As usual, you stay true to yourself. Whatever benefits you is the way you swing.......cheat or not.

You can shut your pie hole homie. I see no private MOA thread here. Everybody can contribute their opinion.

As usual, you stay true to yourself. Whatever benefits you is the way you swing.......cheat or not.

So just contribute, Scott...as usual you are "on attack"

Give YOUR way of view.... Your ideas about how to fix this issue, and not "badmouth" about others point of view.

About cheat...it is not needed by me. I don't need to do, also, don't bench PCMark... (and regardless all...I am just in the final)

Edited by rbuass

OMG

I only comproved that the winner of MOA EMEA did not show his rig after hardmodding, and the score was accepted

Nobody here can prove what hardware was used, and nobody complained.

That rules was not created by me, and I do not consider the winner did cheat, but if there are the rules, this score could not be valid.

The score is not compatible with the pic of the rig......

So far picture rig was only to show that vendor's hw was used (in MSI contest - MSI parts) and so on. There was nothing that picture has to be taken during benchmarking, or before or after, with all isolation, vmods and so on. Everything is valid with rules.

• Crew
So far picture rig was only to show that vendor's hw was used (in MSI contest - MSI parts) and so on. There was nothing that picture has to be taken during benchmarking, or before or after, with all isolation, vmods and so on. Everything is valid with rules.

and you had all the info you needed in the futuremark link, now that there is a rule outside the screenshot is what makes it tricky

and you had all the info you needed in the futuremark link, now that there is a rule outside the screenshot is what makes it tricky

Yes, futuremark link has vendors ID which can't be faked. But rig picture also is some kind of confirmation that user didn't simply "buy" result from someone.

Edited by Xtreme Addict

can we stop discussing cheating so freely? Rbauss? We must fight to get the O.K on epower, not how to fake a picture

Is not to fake a picture Vivi.

The idea from video was not bring by me....

Unfortunately overclockers brought this...and the reason is simply..

How can somebody comprove if Epower was used or no?

I disagree that video need to be mandatory, but I see no other way (do you see?)

The only way I see correct and fair atm is to allow Epower... but if MSI disagree.... competitors need to find a way to check this

• Crew
Is not to fake a picture Vivi.

The idea from video was not bring by me....

Unfortunately overclockers brought this...and the reason is simply..

How can somebody comprove if Epower was used or no?

I disagree that video need to be mandatory, but I see no other way (do you see?)

The only way I see correct and fair atm is to allow Epower... but if MSI disagree.... competitors need to find a way to check this

yea man we need Epower

frikkin easy to know if epower is use, no need frikkin pics for that! if gpuz say 1800 my guess gpu not stock!!!

What's the limit for a stock card? Maybe highest seen so far + 50MHz? Just throwing out ideas... Golden cards do exist.

that is the point were I like to bring everybody......

Anybody knows that stock titan cannot run certain clocks...... but how to prove it ?

If the rules stay like now, i promise you, my "golden" titan will run at least 1700 .....and after finish my bench .....PUFF.....it suddenly will die, SO ??

1. MSI gets back to the 1st stage HW rules. |Meaning Epower is a PSU part/soldering stuff etc., allowed|

No more complains from the community, everybody is happy, benching and doing his best to get truly amazing scores because it's the only way for MOA WW finalists

2. Epower and other vendors' VRM parts prohibited.

Sick and angry feedback from community. MSI promotes EVGA Epower high to the sky (I smell news titles like "Sensation: MSI prohibits Epower usage for MOA finals!" with Epower annotations).

Great ocers ignore MOA semi-finals.

The ones stayed in the game may cheat.

Video confirmation of every benching session becomes a must then. Precise video with rig and final score screens, without any cuttings.

IMO there are no more smart ways.

1. MSI gets back to the 1st stage HW rules. |Meaning Epower is a PSU part/soldering stuff etc., allowed|

No more complains from the community, everybody is happy, benching and doing his best to get truly amazing scores because it's the only way for MOA WW finalists

2. Epower and other vendors' VRM parts prohibited.

Sick and angry feedback from community. MSI promotes EVGA Epower high to the sky (I smell news titles like "Sensation: MSI prohibits Epower usage for MOA finals!" with Epower annotations).

Great ocers ignore MOA semi-finals.

The ones stayed in the game may cheat.

Video confirmation of every benching session becomes a must then. Precise video with rig and final score screens, without any cuttings.

IMO there are no more smart ways.

right....and crystal clear

A 'group cheat' is deplorable. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Most of you have at one time or another cried about cheats here, and now all of a sudden because you think you were wronged, it's now ok.

That's bunnyextraction. :P

Play by the rules or GTFO.

Easy to say for someone who does not participate, who has not spent hours for this and who has not spent more than $ 1000 for the next round ...

If you already killed a titan for this stage, bought with your own money, you still think changing the rules 2 day before was great... I don't think so.

Easy to say for someone who does not participate, who has not spent hours for this and who has not spent more than $ 1000 for the next round ...

If you already killed a titan for this stage, bought with your own money, you still think changing the rules 2 day before was great... I don't think so.

I never said changing the rules was right. I agree that it's not. I only said cheating the rules is bullsh1t.

Play fair or don't play. Maintain some integrity and respect for all of you professional overclockers. You are supposed to be role models to this sport.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Again, I don't disagree.

I only disagree with the 'group cheat' method. ;)

So instead disagree, what is your suggestion?

I suppose those suggestion was brough because there are no different way to go.

1- if MSI allow Epower

That's all right

2- if MSI disallow Epower

????

So instead disagree, what is your suggestion?

I suppose those suggestion was brough because there are no different way to go.

1- if MSI allow Epower

That's all right

2- if MSI disallow Epower

????

If MSI disallows Epower, you suck it up and play by their rules, or you quit. Those are your choices. It isn't rocket science, and you're in no position to change the rules in a contest in which you do not sponsor or have any control of. You either play, or you don't. That's it. That's all you have control of.

EDIT- Want to send a message?, everybody quit. That would be better than everybody skirt the rules. Take the high road. ;)

Edited by Mr.Scott