HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2013 Discussion

Vivi

if the focus was not to be on overall WR's.. then why Titan at all?

**Can only hope for MSI sake that they have a tray of ES CPU for finals.. lest they take the blame once again for the 'brown hand' and rando-deaths. Bollocks really..cant believe they would step on their own toes like this.

..more popcorn i guess.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

the new evga E-power will probly not be retail by the start of the competition, so even if MSI allow it, it wont be allowed because it wasnt released, and the older ones aren't commercially available? Gonna be tricky

• Crew
The problem is - if we can count epower the same rules as GPUs, CPUs and so on. In my opinion it can't be - cause the is no way of validating it. Second thing - it's hardmod. Can we ban hardmods?

Those rules also don't apply to monitors, keyboards, PSU, memories...

its tricky yes. cause epower is now a shelf product with propper release date. Same as trimmer pots, they are commercially available so its "fine?".

Another thought... Epower can be considered as the only way of repairing burnt VGA (like Titan)... So users can't repair their VGAs? You can run stock or OC to the same level as stock VRM. How "repaired" graphics can be banned? :D maybe soon in contests we will be able only to use stock vgas with a protective sticker on a screw cause there was always possibility, that some part could be repaired in 3-rd party repair service ;)

• Crew
Confirmed. Are disallowed:

- epower

- any VRM from a different vendor than MSI

- any titan picture with any other brand than MSI or Nvidia (you can use another brand of Titan but don't show that brand in the picture)

shewww, kk thanks massman for the info.

So... 4C/8T Sandy Bridge CPUs are really allowed in B Class?

If so go F... yourself MSI, i'm out.

i7 SB were allowed from the very beginning but Epower also... so now it's one big mistery :D:D

I think that someone lost a bit his mind and got really confused in those rules making :( it's not good for MOA

Edited by Xtreme Addict

• Crew

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

i guess Round 2 is treated like PRO-oc cup where the competition is made so that one guy with a great cpu doesnt just bulldoze through all the stages and win. Its more expensive but i guess more fair

Edited by Vivi