HWBOT Community Forums

Hardware sharing- by people who should know better

I am really feeling ashamed, sorrow, hate, all sorts of emotions for being part of such a hobby and such a community

No way bro....

it's not your fault any of this happens. Get as much fun as you want out of your hobby. Let the BS take care of itself :)

My own emotion.... disappointment.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the rules

"Important: general HWBOT rules updated

Since HWBOT does not tolerate the sale of benchmark scores, the act of both selling or buying benchmark scores and uploading them to this database is not allowed. In addition, we strongly believe that no overclocker who is involved in this kind of business should be allowed to be part of the community. Therefore HWBOT will remove any overclocker who buys and/or sells benchmark scores from the rankings and will give this user a lifetime ban.

Jul 19, 2010

Very light punishment

It says so, but I'm quite sure that that punishment was written down when things we were all shocked about this way of cheating. We give photoshoppers a second chance, people who share CPUs/GPUs, mipmap'ers - the same goes for them. I don't see why this case is so much worse that banning FOR LIFE is a proper punishment. Just my 2 cents.

rbuass, 5000 hwboints and The year of ban is Very light punishment for the mistake with screenshots ? LOL

Do you really consider that this case is worth than photoshoppers and real cheaters?

Edited by 12

rbuass, 5000 hwboints and The year of ban is Very light punishment for the mistake with screenshots ? LOL

Do you really consider that this case is worth than photoshoppers and real cheaters?

ORB links for all submissions sounds great! :nana::banana::celebration:

Problem is what we gonna do with 2D benchmarks no ORB's for them...

hwbot could work with creators of the program to include an hwbot included anti cheat method into so it would make life harder for them ....... the cheaters that is

Why was the other thread deleted after proof was shown that Hiwa loaned a processor out for benching, and then benched it himself? The people have a right to know. It makes the staff here look suspicious. BTW, I personally have no problems with the staff here, I'm just telling you how it looks.

Why was the other thread deleted after proof was shown that Hiwa loaned a processor out for benching, and then benched it himself? The people have a right to know. It makes the staff here look suspicious. BTW, I personally have no problems with the staff here, I'm just telling you how it looks.

HWbot already has all the proof that Hiwa borrowed the cpu to Pippo369 and they are making the decision if they will allow the harware sharing or not.

The thread was pulled down by me because the staff was getting the wrong impression I was bashing them when in realitty I'm just any other user here that spotted an infration and brought that to their attetion.

Selling within the team is allowed. Abuse of this rule (meaning selling to all you team members to improve the ranking) will not be tolerated and will result in a ban for all involving members and, since he's in charge of the team, the team captain.

So Pieter, if I own an HD5870 for example, I bench with that vga, I submit a result for each of the 6 video benchs and then I sell it to a teammate that do the same with its hardware (I mean, his cpu, mobo, ram, psu, cooling method etc...) is allowed?

Thanks for the info!

Yes, it's allowed |ron.

But HWbot should define ( restrict maybe ? because there's no "common sense" solution to this issue ) the "selling limit" ( because people can easily abuse the system by claiming that they sold the CPU/VGA/etc to another member, and then to another member, while it was never sold, the others just borrowed it from the owner ).

Yeah, actually in hwproject, we are passing each other the hardware but, the only submission that remains in the rankings and earns points, is the better one.

When someone do a better result, the worst is deleted or marked as "not partecipating in hwbot rankings".

That way we're sure that we'll have no probs but it's quite a disadvantage if other people passes each other a vga, a cpu or something... it's not a huge difference, but something counts towards the whole team...

Selling within the team is allowed. Abuse of this rule (meaning selling to all you team members to improve the ranking) will not be tolerated and will result in a ban for all involving members and, since he's in charge of the team, the team captain.

Why was it changed from any selling is "Sharing"?

Yeah, actually in hwproject, we are passing each other the hardware but, the only submission that remains in the rankings and earns points, is the better one.

When someone do a better result, the worst is deleted or marked as "not partecipating in hwbot rankings".

That way we're sure that we'll have no probs but it's quite a disadvantage if other people passes each other a vga, a cpu or something... it's not a huge difference, but something counts towards the whole team...

That's nice :)

Okay ... looks like some people are ready to screw the bot over. Maybe we should switch to a new team competition where only the best score attributes to the team total. At least there will be 'no temptation' to cheat the system then, no?

Djeez, I'm getting sick of the "what are the rules so we can screw people over by finding the loopholes"-mentality.

That's quite nice man!

Who cares about the disadvantage. You can still look each other in the eyes without feeling shame.

Why was it changed from any selling is "Sharing"?

It never changed. It's always been like this.