HWBOT Community Forums

Unigine Heaven benchmark

Massman

Sorry jkme but I agree with Massman, we need to move on, new benches new hardware..

If a bench has DX9 capability as well as DX11 support; it would be shortsighted to cut out a large user group, that would be just stupid :rolleyes:

nothing is said that DX9 and DX11 modes are exclusive.

Unigine Heaven DX9

Unigine Heaven DX11

can peacefully co-exist imho. receiving boints for both :)

but hey

:celebration:

party! either way if Unigine submits directly HWbot, superduperdevelopment, first 3D benchmark ever to do this :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be correct here: Unigine only allowed us to build a wrapper around their benchmark. Unigine did not any work for the submission to HWBOT.

Everything to make sure the benchmark is user-friendly, cheat-proof and able to submit directly to HWBOT has been work of the HWBOT staff ;)

?

Plenty of benchmarks - where? Or do you mean 3DMark06 and Vantage for 'newer' cards?

I mean that they work on newer cards. 01 works on even GTX480. If those older benchmarks stopped working on tomorrow's cards, then I'll understand the reason behind adding only a DX11 benchmark, but that's not the case here. Older gear deserve something new as well, not just future GPUs... there are more video cards than just HD5870 and GTX480, you know, and people still bench them;) What harm could it possibly do to add a DX9 version?

No real harm, but if there was a heaven dx9 and dx11 bench with points, you'd have to bench a heluvalot benchmarks to gain the max amount of points: 5x 3dmark, aq3, 2x heaven. Isn't that too much? Or should we start discussing disabling points for deprecated benchmarks: 3d01 and aq3? If we disable points for those benches, I'm all in favor of adding both heaven dx9 and dx11 with points.

No real harm, but if there was a heaven dx9 and dx11 bench with points, you'd have to bench a heluvalot benchmarks to gain the max amount of points: 5x 3dmark, aq3, 2x heaven. Isn't that too much? Or should we start discussing disabling points for deprecated benchmarks: 3d01 and aq3? If we disable points for those benches, I'm all in favor of adding both heaven dx9 and dx11 with points.

Please don't disable the points for the old benchmarks entirely; It is fun to benchmark old hardware too you know. :-)

Instead you could make those benchmarks give no points or a low amount of poings to newer cards, but still make it possible to recieve points when you benchmark older hardware.

Please don't disable the points for the old benchmarks entirely; It is fun to benchmark old hardware too you know. :-)

Instead you could make those benchmarks give no points or a low amount of poings to newer cards, but still make it possible to recieve points when you benchmark older hardware.

they wont do that :)...hes using jedi mind tricks....answering a question with question ( i hope)

- Offline, by saving a score and uploading the file using the HWBOT online form (no need to install the app on a different system as well)

I hope its hack/crack proof, we have got some crackers in our community too u know, who can do pretty innovative stuff, :P

No real harm, but if there was a heaven dx9 and dx11 bench with points, you'd have to bench a heluvalot benchmarks to gain the max amount of points

verandering van spijs doet eten, nooit slecht om iets te voegen;)

2x extra gaan het niet maken

HWboints system should easily cope with extra benchmarks, that was the whole point, no? :)

Some didn't want to use a mouse to make the computer do what they want; but hey, we all use it now, right!

The problem is not those who are just aiming for hardware points, the problem is those who are aiming at the global rankings. It makes no sense to continuesly add benchmarks just for the sake of adding: the more benchmarks, the more global rankings that need to be conquered to be able to run at the top. A few benchmarks are okay, a dozen is pushing it ... a hundred is obviously too much.

Why is everyone afraid of moving forward?

Some didn't want to use a mouse to make the computer do what they want; but hey, we all use it now, right!

The problem is not those who are just aiming for hardware points, the problem is those who are aiming at the global rankings. It makes no sense to continuesly add benchmarks just for the sake of adding: the more benchmarks, the more global rankings that need to be conquered to be able to run at the top. A few benchmarks are okay, a dozen is pushing it ... a hundred is obviously too much.

Why is everyone afraid of moving forward?

We're moving forward when we add DX11 capable benchmarks. What you suggest is to ignore the past...

I get the idea about the global boints, but do you get high scores on DX9 (with non-DX11 HW), which will interfere with the DX11 results after a while, when we have alot of "proper" runs on GTX480? If not, then there is no problem with the DX9 edition and globals. And if I'm wrong, then disable globals for the DX9 edition - or use some divider that makes every dx9 score worth nearly zero (global) boints.

IMO the best solution would be if there were some DX9 parts included as well, then the DX11 parts would give 0 points and a huge handicap for the GPUs that don't support the tech, but still give some HW boints to fight for. Then there would be no need to add a separate DX9 edition, as it would've been included in the score:)

Elitist move? Ignoring the past?

C'mon guys, don't start to make rediculous statements. We're talking here about adding ONE benchmark to measure the DX11 rendering quality. It's not elitist as the cheapest DX11 card is now <40€; in the future more cheap cards will appear.