HWBOT Community Forums

The Gigabyte Z87/Haswell Overclocking(OC) Guide

sin0822

Guest Bullant

I have no problem running PSC on this board on air,but in saying that from what ive seen OCF and Asus are smashing it atm.Here is a few runs I did when testing PSC on air 1.89v-1.92v,any PSC should do 2600Mhz+,I have some 1600Mhz Pis that is really bad PSC that do 2600Mhz+ no problem.These results are with really low IMC and voa,vod volts and 1.8v vccin,that may vary from chip to chip ,also in advanced voltage setting-advanced power settings -all them in there on auto,there is lots of things that come into play also,really need to see peoples bios pages to make sure of settings.Either way im sure dino or Sin can help you out.

All results below are 1.89v-1.92v AIR,when memory clocking I believe its best to start with all subs and tertiary s timings on auto find your Mhz and stability and then start to tighten things up

image.png

4000.png

a33.png

aqa.png

saaa.png

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
Bull you got some magic PSC other there,can't wait for seeing your results on haswell :)

Thanks Alex,hopefully ill have some Haswell results soon.You got some nice results yourself,im sure you have 57s soon and on air pretty amazing,was just testing my memory's in dual channel last night

Twcl6 and Memory on air 1.925v

wwwwwwwe.png

Not twcl6 Memory on Air 1.925v

wwwwwwwwwex2.png

Guest Bullant

Good to hear,yeah main problems for me are Vrins need to not be on extreme and others for me don't mater what they are on as my subs above they all on AUTO,each to there own,maybe you can post your results if you get time

Edited by Bullant

Thanks Alex,hopefully ill have some Haswell results soon.You got some nice results yourself,im sure you have 57s soon and on air pretty amazing,was just testing my memory's in dual channel last night

Twcl6 and Memory on air 1.925v

wwwwwwwe.png

Not twcl6 Memory on Air 1.925v

wwwwwwwwwex2.png

See now you are smashing it like a BOSS. :D You make samsung look like sh*t.

good to hear goof, we are working on some vdimm and timings stuff atm in beta. will help some guys that dont push those bios settings

Maybe i should add it to the list, but i thought we made sure to put in to max out DRAM OCP/OVP? but phase control I always max out b/c that VRM doesn't need to focus on its temperature, it needs to focus on its output. Anyways doesn't matter with the next BIOS anyways.

Glad you got it work goofy.

Edited by sin0822

• 2 weeks later...

this board gives a real good feeling with the X1 bios. fast,precise, it does what i ask from it. popped in a 4670k es cpu, 5.1ghz core 1.37v - corsair h100 - 40c idle, 4700core/4700 uncore boot with 2400 c6 psc-s. 2850-90mhz with adata cfr-s. only booted it the first time today, i will have to spend more time with the ram finetuning because i dont know ecaxtly if the ram is not capable more or some settings are not good.( hope to go above 3ghz on the ram with the cfr sticks)

is that normal that i have close to 0 bclk increasing margin ?

lets say, a 4670k qe6v es cpu, z87x-oc board with x01 bios, a radeon hd5770 on the 4th pcie slot with forced x4 bandwith, and i cant even increase 2bclk in windows without freezing. any hints on this ? memory is a 8gb kit of 2400 c11 adata gaming series with xmp profile enabled. neither the oc buttons nor the gtl works. i think im missing some settings. thanks in advance.

Guest Bullant
my z87x-ud3h stopped working with my 2*2gb psc kit - although works with single-sided hynix and samsung sticks. Does this mean that IMC is damaged? Dual-sided hynix also fails.

Hey mate,try taking CMOS battery out for about 5 minutes then put one PSC stick in first or second slot,only one stick then try it.If it starts working then you can try two sticks,this has help me before and mite help you.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a weird problem with my board. I can't select a multiplier higher than 39 anymore.

Was running 5.3-5.4 GHz with 2400C8 PSC mem. Tried running 2600C8, did a few 3Dmark CPU tests and then got a blue screen. After that the board went into a boot loop and after resetting everything I was able to get back into the bios again.

I tried loading one of my profiles, and on clicking 'load profile' the bios froze and the board rebooted. Then I tried to manually put my settings back, however upon trying to change the CPU multiplier I can't select one higher than 39x. See pic:

27FnOhMl.jpg

Anyone experience this problem before and knows a solution?

I tried to flash to bios F6, max multi 39x, then flashed back to X02, still max multi was 39x :(.

• Crew

this error has happened to me too before. i've managed to get it back by bios flash and messing around with memories but ive read online of people who never got it back, lets hope you do.

If all else fails turn your screen up side down to get x63 back

Thanks for the advice. Had already switched my PSC for Samsungs which didn't work.

However I also have some BBSE lying around, so I popped that in and what do you know? First it wouldn't boot, so I switched the stick to the slot closest to the CPU. After that it booted up and stated that the main bios was corrupted and that it would recover using the backup bios.

So now it's back to bios F3.

I'm flashing it back to X02 now.... And I have my multipliers again :) !

• 3 weeks later...

What bios do you use? It's good to know, because X03 and later have some handy options to use when you have picky ram :P What helped me was setting, I forgot the exact name, one option in the main memory screen to fast boot.

Edited by rsnubje

What bios do you use? It's good to know, because X03 and later have some handy options to use when you have picky ram :P What helped me was setting, I forgot the exact name, one option in the main memory screen to fast boot.

I use the X05 bios...I have tried the TEAM.AU settings of the first post and then I can boot into windows @ 1325 mhz CL 8-12-8-28 1T with 1.85V...I'm testing the stability...it's a good result ?

20131010138142117230895.JPG

• 4 weeks later...