HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Z87 MPower MAX LN2 help

DOM.

Went cold today on this mb and had no luck still learning haswell

But was able to get 5.2-5.3 4c8t 5.5 2c2t on ss but for some reason can't even get 5.4 4c8t to post on ln2

Never used a msi mb before so not sure what to do with all the settings and power settings...

Also was told it also has a ln2 jumper but doesn't seem to unlock anything in the bios or help with ocing

So if anyone wants to share some ln2 settings that would be great going to try again tomorrow

Edited by DOM.

Hello DOM.

I've used the regular MPower Z87. 6 GHz was easy with crappy cpus, just rememer to set VCCIN at 2.5 or above with 1.7-1.8 vcore. LN2 switch did not help with anything. Also try with iGPU enabled, I read that it could mprove cold bug.

keep uncore and ram below 5000 and 1300 to start with.

Hi,

using the MPower Max I just set the memory and voltages. Left everything else on stock.

Settings which always worked for me on LN2

Boot with:

VCCIN 2,0 V

VCore 1,4 V

VCCSA: +50mV

VCCIOanalog: +250mV

VCCIOdigital: +250mV

VRing: 1,3 Volt

Just leave BCLK at 100 and fix CPU multi to 42

Then going to windows and set these settings:

VCCIN: 2,5 Volt

VCore: ~1,65-1,85 for most of the retaul CPUs

Now just set Ring and CPU multi. That should do it

Setting all of the amperage settings to max, along with increasing switching freq helped me gain stability over 5.7ghz, 4c4t.

*IO's and SAv will be useful for finding stability when pushing RAM latency and speed.. ~1.25 - 1.2v for IO's and ~1.3 - 1.35v for SA when pushing +2800mhz with certain IC's less is possible.

**I would use some frost-king on the mobo between the CPU socket and the first RAM slot, to help slow cold moving into the slot and freezing over.. as well as vas. My pot is fat and actually touches the first stick when populated.. it freezes over pretty quick if your not prepared for it.