HWBOT Community Forums

All Haswell degradation info in here please.

K404

my good i5 4670k 6384Mhz validation , 6012mhz 3D stable , 5500 capable cache at high clocks and ddr3 3000+ imc capable has degraded to hell , it has been degraded fast after a whole month of punishment at around 1.72v to 1.88v range , benched every day for the last 4 weeks. It started to degraded to 5.9Ghz max , next day ram would not run 2666 no more , now finally max cpu Megahurts is 5800 on Ln2 :/ no mater voltages ram or board , I tried on my Asus M6E , ASRock Z87M OC Formula and Asus Z87 Pro to confirm my findings , and yes chip has degraded to the point of been useless for subzero benching

Edited by chispy

My retail CPU which I used for reviewing has degraded 100-150MHz, from 4500MHz fully stable at 1.2Vcore till 4350MHz now at 1.15Vcore.

4500MHz works fine in Wprime as long as no stress is on the IMC. Thus encoding, Cinebench, 3D11 alll crash with101 or 124 error...

Adjusting voltages doesn't help, seems IMC is flakey now at higher speeds ... max it was tested on was 2800MHz with 2 x 4GB dimms with voltages (ring, SA,...) on AUTO. Maybe that's where the culprit is on one particular board.

Temps were fine, around 80°C max measured by Realtemp. CPU acts in a similar way on 4 boards...

+1

I have the same problem,

Degradation of me confirmed, at least with my cpu.

Unfortunaly this fast degradation issue is serious and real on Cra*pwell ,I mean Haswell lol , my first 4670k last me only one month before degraded to been useless , now my 4700K has started showing the same signs of degradation after last night it wont run 59Ghz anymore around 5812Mhz max , after testing it today again in 2 boards Asus Z87-Pro and ASRock Z87M OC Formula , quick test on LN2 with already 100% stable saved profiles of 5.9Ghz , it just wont do it again :/ I even tried manually it wont run 5900Mhz any longer. This chip are very weak and fragile im afraid to said so but is the thruth , I have binned over 10 Haswell chips , 2 died at low volts , 1 wonded IMC running mem at 2800 , one degraded to hell useless now , and now again I got a fast degrading chip. The other lemon cpus were sold. I think im done with haswell for real :/ not looking good , me thinks Haswell for us is a big flop.

@ K404 - the 2>1 vccin to vcore 'rumor' was pertaining to early rev B0 and first rev C0 ES.. which seemed to respond better to VCCIN for OC than vcore.

**Seems retail doesnt like +2.5v vccin ..? Just sucks that to move CB you need the higher vccin on some cpu..

What is odd is that i even had some QEH6 that loved 3v vin when vcore was only like 1.8v, it gave me 5C extra on the CB, CPU never died or degraded. How scary to try higher vin and get death while you think it would help. QEH6 should be identical to retail other than microcode.

Maybe it is some BIOSes on some boards? My buddy just killed his best CPU on the M6E with 2.8v VIN and BIOS 0711.

I used 0021 and 0605 with the M6E. I tested the M6E pushed 3v input voltage, and highest QE6S could do like 1.65v lol, then i moved to max vcore mode and gave it 2.5v(so like 2v) and still no degradation or death, of course i didn't use the Ln2 profiles b/c they are a bit crazy for my tastes and i just wanted to see what the hype is about.... But I also didn't enable max cache voltage mode, I always made sure that was disabled and just running normal cache volts, maybe it has something to do with the death, maybe some voltages kill. No death for me, but then again this CPU is pretty resilient.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

more volts "help " the cb with only enable seemingly lower temps but the inside temp of the cpu rises so whats the point ?

read lots of post about this but cannot find a conclusion. its better for our mind but not the processor. nobody sees delta or real core temps under load just the thermometer reading of the base of the pot.

on topic, 2.5-2.6v should be the max vcin on a qe6v es ? what about vcore? those hardcore results are really with 2.1 + vcore? i thought it is vcin misread by cpuz lol

• Thanks 1