HWBOT Community Forums

The official ALLBenchmark July OC Relaxation Contest thread.

Massman

I don't understand the point of a gas mask if you don't wear the rest of the mopp gear.

I bet she uses a vitamin enriched conditioner.

If it were ME... that cat would have been dead at the first shot instead of missing.

If I could control a giant cat.... id team up and take cities hostage.

im guessing this isn't what you are looking for in "express your opinion"

Edited by zeneffect

The only thing I didn't like about this when I was playing with it about six months ago was that it strongly preferred NVIDIA hardware. It wasn't anything allbenchmark was doing, rather they didn't have access to AMD GPUs to test. They said they were in contact with AMD and that problem was being worked on. Again, that was six months ago; maybe they've fixed it at this point.

...and when I say preferred, NVIDIA beat down AMD pretty well, on hardware that is comparable in every other metric. Again, not the coders intentionally wrote a different code for NVIDIA and AMD; it just worked out that way with the single code that was written.

Awesome benchmark , just don't like the fact that i have my laptop totally up-to date with its drivers ,, Asus N53SV , i5 2410M ( Hd 3000 ) with the GT 540 3d card .. Yet the app is being abit bitchy .. arg .. Drivers Out of date .. But yet they are the latest down-loadable .. anyone els with the problem ?

The only thing I didn't like about this when I was playing with it about six months ago was that it strongly preferred NVIDIA hardware. It wasn't anything allbenchmark was doing, rather they didn't have access to AMD GPUs to test. They said they were in contact with AMD and that problem was being worked on. Again, that was six months ago; maybe they've fixed it at this point.

...and when I say preferred, NVIDIA beat down AMD pretty well, on hardware that is comparable in every other metric. Again, not the coders intentionally wrote a different code for NVIDIA and AMD; it just worked out that way with the single code that was written.

This seems to be The New Way. XTU won't run on AMD either.

Awesome benchmark , just don't like the fact that i have my laptop totally up-to date with its drivers ,, Asus N53SV , i5 2410M ( Hd 3000 ) with the GT 540 3d card .. Yet the app is being abit bunnyy .. arg .. Drivers Out of date .. But yet they are the latest down-loadable .. anyone els with the problem ?

Yes.

Also does not play well with my stripped XP 32bit OS.

Oh @ Delly , i have a mate with a 6990 that got a terrable score in 720p near 3x less than my score .. i assume it has something to do with the CF link not working in the app .. will report if he figures it out

Yesterday i was able to work the crossfire of hd7990, with windows 8 and catalyst 13.6 beta2 appears an extra option in the control center, to force the cfx in all applications without specific profile, but unfortunately the score is still low (around 25k) :(

I think the cfx scaling is not the best in this bench :(

• 2 weeks later...

For all of you taking part in the amd section of the benchmark .. amd CPUs for some bloody reason have a massive flux score in the physX score ... and i mean like a 200 point difference .. with same clocks ... so just run the test a few times before you think you have your best score .. ( also clock in msi after burner then close it helps )