HWBOT Community Forums

Ex Tee You!

Massman

Just checked the database an in less than two months we hit the 5000 XTU Profiles mark and over 4000 score results. Also, two weeks in the contest there are 100 people playing and over 250 results.

XTU is going waaaaay better than expected. It's really nice to see a big project like this turn out the way it does. Thanks to everyone supporting the software and spreading the love! Couldn't do this without the community's support, that's for sure!

:celebration::celebration::celebration: :celebration::celebration::celebration: :celebration:

I've always wanted to ask, please don't blame me if my question is stupid, because I've never ran XTU.

What happens if a user chooses to try Andre's settings or any kind of dangerous settings on his aircooled Haswell?

Does he get a warning of any kind?

If I click on the button it just downloads me a profile, but if I had XTU with the registered .xtu extension I might be able to open it directly in XTU and apply the profile?

XTU can be compared to sharing all your settings in the forum. If I tell you I've used 2.0V Vcore for a result and you use it, you don't get a warning either when entering it in the BIOS.

I've tried loading a 1.8V 6GHz profile on my Haswell and all that happened was locking up the system. There's a video of that too.

.XTU files will automatically be opened by XTU and it will give you an overview of the different settings. After you confirm the settings, they will be applied.

XTU can be compared to sharing all your settings in the forum. If I tell you I've used 2.0V Vcore for a result and you use it, you don't get a warning either when entering it in the BIOS.

I get a warning in bios (red color), sometimes even a message, but I always disable those kind of things and can't remember clearly :P

I'm more concerned about another point bearing benchmark that caps at 4 cores, and one that doesn't support windows OCing despite being a windows OCing program.

I realize it's Intel and a massive opportunity, but it got points far too soon IMO.

think of all the trolls you can pull this way, i.e. make a 4.0/4.5GHz profile that has slightly higher scores than others, people will think "that's efficient, let's try" and end up running 2V SA through their CPU on air :D

Users get the list of changes before they apply and it's compared to the current settings. 2V SA will be right next to 1.1V current, so it should be obvious to the users.

Then again, it's the same like you'd write in your forum thread "hey guys 2V SA is the key for my OC". Besides, before you can upload a profile you first need to apply it yourself locally. You can't just make up values and upload them.

I'm more concerned about another point bearing benchmark that caps at 4 cores, and one that doesn't support windows OCing despite being a windows OCing program.

I realize it's Intel and a massive opportunity, but it got points far too soon IMO.

Multi-threaded, scales with memory clock and timings, fairly stable and secure. When's the last time we've seen a benchmark like this? :P

- 4 core scaling: it'll scale with more cores when new platforms are released. The only reason why it only scales to 4c is because currently only IVB and HSW are supported.

- support windows OC'ing: afaik this is only the BCLK. Multiplier OC works fine.

It's not perfect, but imho quite a lot better than most other benchmarks.

Shouldn't HT do something though?

Heh ... :P

Ummmm.... Isn't this UNFAIR to AMD? Especially for new hardware! I guess AMD needs to create a benchmark that Intel cant run LOL! http://i.imgur.com/2KfGlSm.gif

There are plenty of benchmarks you can use the get points with AMD. It's not like you have to use XTU to get somewhere in the rankings :D.

outside of HWbot, XTU is not really known;

maybe it would be a good idea to write a few guest articles here and there detailing it, what it does, how to take advantage of it; for beginners, overclockers as well as none-OCers (as in, just upload a safe profile and go!)

Yes, that's true. I did some advertising on my local forum by creating a benchmark list and some information about the Tool/Benchmark. Would be awesome if some of you guys could do the same thing on your local forums/websites aswell.

It's in German but you should get what I mean: http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/benchmarks/279585-intel-xtu-ranking-overclocking-tool-mit-benchmark-funktion.html