HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE "Pi Is Returned" Contest thread.

I.nfraR.ed

WR is the group record.

On Monday we'll post the target scores for each WR to make it more clear for everyone. The WR prize is awarded to the person who has the WR at the end of the competition, not the first to break it.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

I got a few questions.

First, is this open to only for Gigabyte Board users only? or open to anyone with any motherboard as long as the CPU is AM3+/FM1 or 2 board compatible?

2nd, isn't it gonna be unfair for people that cannot afford extreme cooling (LN2), I mean I can see people will be going hardcore on this using LN2 just to get the edge, wouldn't hurt if you guys clarify if LN2 users are allowed or ask gigabyte if you guys should put a sub category for LN2 users.

And 3rd, the pic requirement for the rig, wouldn't it be good if you require users to put a sign that mentions their user name (forum name), date of the score being posted and the score to verify that it is their rig.

1 - already mentioned. its a gigabyte competition. you need a gigabyte board.

2 - Yep. its going to be very unfair if you dont have LN2. I dont, but still going to have some fun.

3 - That seems like a lot of work. I always take a rig photo, but i cant be bothered making a sign and dating it.

it takes a lot of work to write your name, date and the score on a piece of paper and take a photo of your rig showing that piece of paper?

'murica eh?

Added the target scores for the WR prize. I see MikeCDM already set a new target score.

Group A - FM1/2 (Llano/Trinity/Richland)

• Super Pi 1M Target score: 11sec 359ms
  • Super Pi 32M Target score: 10min 40sec 875ms

Group B – AM3+ (Bulldozer/Piledriver)

• Super Pi 1M Target score: 10sec 93ms
  • Super Pi 32M Target score: 10min 31sec 770ms

Can you make that more clear in the rules? Right now it looks like just the wallpaper is needed. :P

It's all there on the stage pages. Also, if you try to submit a score without a Gigabyte board the score is not going to be accepted :D.

gigaStage.jpg

Edited by Massman

Added the target scores for the WR prize. I see MikeCDM already set a new target score.

Group A - FM1/2 (Llano/Trinity/Richland)

• Super Pi 1M Target score: 11sec 359ms
  • Super Pi 32M Target score: 10min 40sec 875ms

Group B – AM3+ (Bulldozer/Piledriver)

• Super Pi 1M Target score: 10sec 93ms
  • Super Pi 32M Target score: 10min 31sec 770ms

It's all there on the stage pages. Also, if you try to submit a score without a Gigabyte board the score is not going to be accepted :D.

gigaStage.jpg

During the first hour of the announcement those rules isn't there. but yeah now its been updated I guess and its more clear now.

Hm, interesting. We'll check what could have caused that.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

It's the main page info that is lacking, once you click on each stages it shows more detail on the contest limitation part, while on the info of the contest limitation on the main page doesn't show that this contest requires contestants to use Gigabyte board.

The only thing I don't like about this is that just 3 people that uses LN2 needs to join and those 3 will surely lock 1st,2nd and 3rd easily.

I am pretty sure they would spend more than 500bucks just to win this for the publicity. =P

Edited by RebornSAZ

It's the main page info that is lacking, once you click on each stages it shows more detail on the contest limitation part, while on the info of the contest limitation on the main page doesn't show that this contest requires contestants to use Gigabyte board.

The only thing I don't like about this is that just 3 people that uses LN2 needs to join and those 3 will surely lock 1st,2nd and 3rd easily.

I am pretty sure they would spend more than 500bucks just to win this for the publicity. =P

To be fair though... you are on HWBOT where subzero cooling is quite common. I imagine there will be more than three people using subzero, as well.