• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullant
hey bull!

mad kit u got there, loving the scores!

2200 pis? or other?

Hey ,they are Pis 2000 cl6

Had another play with them today wasn't able to get anything to stick,this was just pushing memory a bit

x18.png

Guest Bullant
32ns Aida insanity ! Nice stuff Bull. Loving the 2k Pi torture.. you really got a 'thing' for those ;)

Thanks CL3P

Unreal man, 1442 c6!

How do you like bios P.170 over the prior?

Hey Loud,I haven't really done much different bios testing but I was going to drop back a bios or 2 and maybe give the P.180 a try.The P.170 does seem quite solid tho

So I decided to freeze some memory tonight and wasn't long into the session and I dropped a channel,it happens sometimes im sure it be fine when all dried out .So I decided to mess with single channel for a bit because I believe this tells me alot on how to tweak memory,volts and training and few other things.Not a fully tweaked OS just big Mhz and really tight timings, tertiary and subs

CPU SS and Memory Ln2 EK memory pot -145 2.18v

8M pi 6-9-6-24@ 2800Mhz

1qa.png

1M Pi 6-9-6-24@ 2871

1qax3.png

Edited by Bullant

Starting to get use to this platform now,this board is really nice to work with

5ghz fail but should get it to pass in time

close2.png

fyu.png

DSCN7808.jpg

Edited by Bullant

Any issue with the non conformal coating bullant ?

Hey mate,

I have no issues with the conformal coating its been really good,I still use a little vas just to be safe

I ran Alby's board with CPU/mem on LN2 last weekend, also used some vaseline to be double sure and make paper towels stick better. But the coating on the board just started to peel off.

Could it off been a bad conformal coating job on the board?,mine has been really good I bench for 3-5 hours in some session and board gets pretty frozen near memory slots.I had a quick look over the board and all coating still looks good

I ran Alby's board with CPU/mem on LN2 last weekend, also used some vaseline to be double sure and make paper towels stick better. But the coating on the board just started to peel off.

Hmmm, must be an isolated issue as I have benched with the OCF more times than I can count (cpu/mem) under cold. I have never added vaseline to the board as paper towels in my arid climate seems to be more than enough.

If it is peeling I would just RMA it as it seems like it could just be a bad coating job on the board and should be covered under warranty.

I use little vas and heat it up and flow it,I also hair dry board after ever session ,coating is all good.I really think this board is great from the design the bios and how it performs

• Crew

Board is luckily still alive and kickin, tested one of the crappy batches I was able to ahum bin..., it's still one of my preferred boards to bench Haswell on. Will take pictures tonite...

Probably can't RMA it, can't get in touch with Nick at all...

Edited by Leeghoofd

pifast and AM3 will be fun on these mems when you get a good cpu for ln2!

Yeah I have a couple from that batch I said before on their way hopefully one of them is a nice freq chip,I've been wanting to give am3 ago for awhile now would be nice

05 too!

Nice stuff Bull, back at the top again. :D

Thanks mate