HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55 miniITX contest thread.

Planet

im benching this weekend between both of my kids birthdays sometime lol

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

Q - "Daddy? Where is my birthday cake?"

A - "Shit ... well, here's a Twix ..."

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

*benching*

pro? Did you do the coldbug mod before your board died?

I lost 2 boards and a cpu after doing the coldbug mod.

Benched about 5 hours before the mod came out. Did the hicookie mod and then after 30 minutes benching the board just died.

Got a mate that did the same thing and his board also died.

Both boards just loops like when you make some settings that the board can't boot with.

I have had my board do the loop thing a couple of time but a simple power down clear CMOS and bam we were ready to go - but no mods done to my board. Virgin she is. And once this comp is over she will be a working HTPC mobo.

Honda give f3 or f5b a go.

All the ram ratio's worked just fine for me.

Mine had reboot loops issues after doing mod but it never saw cold, it eventually just stopped working while pretesting on air with a 650. It just loops now.

My bath and bake seemed to help none at all even after all mods removed. You win some and lose some, thats the name of the game.

O well time to see if i can pull a results out my ass in the AMD 01 challenge with almost no pretesting done.

thanks 1day trying qflash now..its a nice tool ..lol so late in the game flashing.

had that looping problem too...i think its a bios bug. it doesn't recognize oc failure. a simple reset fixes it

this comp taught me alot of stuff :D

keep pushing guys..

cheers

*edit vcore fluctuates 1.478v - 1.482 v .....i hope it doesn't fluctuate @ 5ghz+ hehhehe

*edit vcore fluctuates 1.478v - 1.482 v .....i hope it doesn't fluctuate @ 5ghz+ hehhehe

I did not even measure actual - just set and forget. :P It is what I had to do. Oh and hope of course.

I could only find a few pieces of Dry Ice from a local resturant that he was going to toss, to bench with. So my benching session was over too quick.

Got my brand new one day old i3-530 CPU to 5.6 benchable but had no time to tweak or test what CW worked best or anything. Did some runs in Win7 just to get them done and have something to submit.:D

Then started with the XP and CW. Made a difference - a big difference as I was able to cut 5 secs with the first attempt. But just how much who can say, I will never know. Managed only one more run before the DI was finished. :o And that is me done for the competition. 750 is back in my 24/7 box and the baby board and 530 are now the HTPC system.

Thanks to HWOBOT and Gigabyte for the fun competition this last month. And I hope we have more competitions like this - ones that all can participate in and not just the lucky few with heaps of money to buy the kit.

Budget is Best.

• Crew

yeah guys these sort of competition are great, most people can afford to enter, its not a big financial loss if something dies along the way, and the best thing is lots of people enter, so its a real competition instead of just 980x and $500+ mobo

okay next competition needs to be nvidia gt210 !

I couldnt do a single run no matter what on friday night. I checked the temps in bios around -15c and the fluke and they matched up perfectly but as soon as I started adding voltage in gigabyte t clocker in windows it would take it but as soon as I hit any thing. even a 1m run it would bsod. I got absolutely nowhere that night. I took a break all weekend and I think I have tiny bit of ln2 left so I'm going to remount and try one last time before the contest ends. I cant believe the runs you guys managed to get. Its absolutely incredible overclocking! I'm so proud of all of you! everyone in this contest deserves a high five and a round of cold ones! INCREDIBLE OVERCLOCKING ! The overclocking gods are happy once again!

Dinos I know I could do better just do not have access to anything to freeze my toys :D :D :D So I am done for the 4000MHz plus side of things I guess.

There is no way I can get my 750 to post at 235 on air so no gains for me in the 4Ghz competition are possible either. I have matched my time posted 14 times in the last couple of weeks but never bettered it in over 200 runs.

Has been a great competition. Congrats to all that took part and especially to those who are contenders. The big winners are those of us who had the opportunity to bench with some parity using entry level budget CPU's. I certainly can not ask for more.

Cheers