HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55 miniITX contest thread.

Planet

time to submit my first result,

0853406.jpg

closing in on youngpro, but still A LOT of tweaking left to be done.

had quite alot of trouble getting the memory to work at cas 6. My dommies 1866C7's just don't seem to like it, and had to push them with 1.96v

more to come :)

Edited by ME4ME

1339473.png

even though I got 6.6, this board has some serious problems

- after I got the 6.6 screenie, I tried 32M stability first (with low mems and qpi) - 233x27 was a crash at loop 15, 230x27 was a crash at loop 19, even 223x27 (6.0ghz) was a crash at loop 20

- 32M efficency with Clarkdale is worse than similar model, H55M-UD2H (32M at 4GHz is about 7 seconds slower)

- there is no SetFSB support for this board, so you have to clock it like a Phenom - boot with desired BCLK/MEM and then change CPU multi via CPU Tweaker

- takes VERY long to POST (22-24 seconds to bootscreen after you save settings in BIOS), makes it very hard to debug

- (same as other H55 board) only 3 subtimings can be adjusted via BIOS on Clarkdale, rest you put "1" or "255" - no difference at all

- Vcore settings closer to the top end do not work properly

- Cannot recover in 1 step (loading profile , F10, Enter) after a BIOS crash

- does not work properly with my OS (install / reboot problems)

SAm that is amazing! crash or no crash. What were the temps? Did you have similar temps as me? higher? get in here man. you run out of juice or the did the wife come home? goddamn it guys. get your crap done so we can all play. massman you too. dino? quit getting high with tim and my rich uncle fess. and wheres my rhode island friend chew? Chew get yer arse in here! lets roll! cmon, lets start some static! cmon! lets roll! :)

Edited by trans am

How cold can you possibly get on this board? All I did was that 1st resistor (the top one) then I did the regular cpu mod cookiemonster did in the CBB clarksdale thread. I can cold boot at -125 and bench in windows (highest i went was -150c)

how cold can this thing get?

right now im on the last qpi setting to auto. THis is the highest setting. its booting in but I keep screwing up by shooting too much ln2 in. I did a crazy 1m run for you guys. I'll post it. I tried all night messing with the os tweaks but I dont get the copy waza at all. I reinstalled win on a 60gb vertex2 and took half for the os and the other half for the 2nd partition in windows drive manage. I did the reg mem tweak aand set to 1. I dont know whats going on. I jsut started benching again. raw dog style I kicked my last scores ass by a few seconds. and that 1m run was pretty good. I went 1 up on the qpi but im still around 5.6-5.8 area. just trying to keep things stable at this point.

Sam pulling out the big guns

nice QPI

what is the point of RAM on LN2 with a clarkdale?

Anyone know what NB frequency field means in CPUz with a clarkdale :confused:

Clarkdale's uncroe is fused. the design of clarkdale Uncore is a logic clock.

IMC controls ddr3 speed and performnace. and clarkdale put it into 45nm GPU die,

from CPU die L3 cache the path to GPU die is QPI bus.

Normally, QPI bus limits DDR bandwidth, in theory, when QPI bus is 6.4GT/s,

DDR3 speed 1333, the DDR3 banwidth will be 21GB/s ( in theory), also DMI bus is tru

QPI. thats why increase QPI bus affects DDR performance a lot. even you don't use

IGP. properly you might say with clarkdale the L3 smart cache path to IMC is the performance that we concern.

here we go, those mod might help you to get better overclocking score.

Cold bug mod for clarkdale

p8110440.jpg

Vcore offset mod

p8110441.jpg

HiCookie

cookie that bottom pic. I was up to -150 by just shorting the top resistor. do you think I should take down the insulation and do yours? Also the offset vcore mod. is it worth it?

I just dont feel like taking it all apart.

• Crew

wow sam that run is just beyond what i thought this platform was even capable of doing

i thought the uncore was the bottleneck on this platform, i must be donig something seriously wrong, with the same uncore i am in the 40.x range at 7-8-7 1175 and i am slightly quicker with 9xx 6-6-5

nice run there

awww crap. I got all excited when I saw dino was gonna start benching so after spending the last week getting the os straight I put the itx back in. (note I didnt change anything since I had it on last, container was still on. all i did was take the mem out and unplug all the headers and the vga card and set it aside. so I just plugged it all in and no post, no fans. no power to the board at all. I just took it all off and looked at the cpu top and bottom look perfect. pins and socket look perfect. so no burns here. I took all the eraser off and the bottom insulation. wiped it clean and just put the stock hs on and same crap. no power..nothing.

took all the ram out and vga. made sure slots are clear of any crap that might be shorting it out. its clean. gonna try a new psu and swap cpus. any other ideas please post. I just had the i3540 and h55m-ud2h on this same psu and it was fine. brb.

:shrug:

here we go, those mod might help you to get better overclocking score.

Cold bug mod for clarkdale

p8110440.jpg

Vcore offset mod

p8110441.jpg

HiCookie

Cookie,

Can you explain the difference or the benefits of the CBB mod you posted versus just changing the resistance to 0K on this resistor?

pocketrocket5.jpg