HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55 miniITX contest thread.

Planet

1) im seeing george is doing 1880mhz at 6-7-5-18 with gtx2. arent those like 200 bux for single stick?

2) I still havent really taken the time to max them out. I think the highest vdimm ive gone is 1.7v with air. may I ask you guys what your vdimm is at on those gtx2 kits on air?

1) Hehe, take a good look at CPU-Tweaker trans am. My RAMs are Corsair Dominator 2000 C8 2x2GB kit. I got them second-handed from a friend of mine, in exchange for 200€ (approximately $260 USD).

2) ~950MHz 6-7-5-18 with 56 tRFC and 13 tWTP comes at a price... What price? 1.94V on air. However you gotta cold your IMC before messing with such sky-high voltages ;)

The difference between 2000 C8 and GTX2s is pretty obvious. 6-7-5-18 vs 6-6-5-17 ;) I don't have more money though, that was the max I could pay and I'm pretty happy with the result :)

Now I need to work on my efficieny. I do 213k pp on P55, but only 215.8k on H55. Don't know why is that, but I'll try and figure out asap! :D

Edited by George_o/c

1) Hehe, take a good look at CPU-Tweaker trans am. My RAMs are Corsair Dominator 2000 C8 2x2GB kit. I got them second-handed from a friend of mine, in exchange for 200€ (approximately $260 USD).

2) ~950MHz 6-7-5-18 with 56 tRFC and 13 tWTP comes at a price... What price? 1.94V on air. However you gotta cold your IMC before messing with such sky-high voltages ;)

The difference between 2000 C8 and GTX2s is pretty obvious. 6-7-5-18 vs 6-6-5-17 ;) I don't have more money though, that was the max I could pay and I'm pretty happy with the result :)

Now I need to work on my efficieny. I do 213k pp on P55, but only 215.8k on H55. Don't know why is that, but I'll try and figure out asap! :D

George when you say cold imc do you mean you are cooling the cpu with ln2 or do you mean you have the ram cold? Im sorta confused I see guys cooling the ram with fancy pots but the ram is so close to the cpu pot that its already cold to the touch. I just had to break out the hairdryer.

fyi I just got my ass kicked by 7 sec by rick tonight. Nicely done buddy :)

I'm messing around with a 540 and the ud2h tonight on ln2. Nothing special yet. just doing wprime 1024 runs and I keep freezing because I keep running to this thread to type while its running and not paying attention to the fluke. lemme concentrate guys. So far im finding this 540 is not liking vcore too much. maybe that a good thing. Im sorry to keep posting in the thread when Im basically out until i get another board but I like to pretend Im still in it in the meantime.

Edited by trans am

Dino, Pro...

our favorite uncle is in the contest too and is kicking ass! Tim needs to get in here now. (sorry guys I just love the aussie team. such a rad team and so small but they are rad and nice guys.)

Nice work fester! Im totally surprised i thought he was strictly gulftown these days. I'm stoked that he's in here! I ordered another mitx tonight so I'll give it another try.

@ uncle and everyone else with a live account and a cam. hook up your cam next time and lets all bench together this weekend. like friday or sat night?

We should all coordinate for a live show this week in some synchronized overclocking..

we all bench together in a crazy frenzy in a mass live event.

I think it would be awesome! Ive seen fester live before. Ive never seen dino. I think I saw chew a year ago or so live, never saw massman or anyone else in here. I think it would be cool to see all you guys all in the same event.

Think of it as a live overclocking event at a convention center except we dont have to be in the same physical location and there is no money or sponsored crap involved so there is no pressure or expectations that lead to any crap. There is no crazy prize to cut and slash each other for.

We all just have fun and have some drinks and just overclock as friends and push each other further and have a few laughs at the same time but we are in completely different parts of the world but are all overclocking together and friends on the same board at the same time and its LIVE on the internet!

I cant be the only one here that thinks this would be awesome.

anyone? We should all get in here soon decide on a date and time so massman can post the live event on the front page so people know about it before it happens. Then we all start clocking at a time for a couple hours and while we are waiting for the cpu to get back to cold boot temps we are checking out how our friends are doing and pushing them to do better.

Edited by trans am

okay forget it. i just thought it was a good idea but maybe its too good for its own good. lets all just bench and be disconnected from everyone else and just do what we always do and just be in our own world and just make our submissions to the computer like robots. I just thought it would be cool if we all did this together. I remember benching while uncle fester was benching and how fun we had knowing we weren't alone and someone on the other side of the world was doing the same thing at the same time and shared the same frustrations and had a drink or a cig while waiting for the board to warm up after crapping out. I didnt even know him but he had a sense of humor and I could relate to and cant remember ever having so much fun overclocking. I just want to do it again. I wish you guys had that experience that day because I watched him while at work and got home and he had so many problems and i've been there so many times. I dont have any friends in new york ive clocked with except dr kim and none of my friends understand it. It was just cool to see a complete stranger going through the same crap as me on the other side of the world at the same time.