HWBOT Community Forums

APU Fuse Interpreter (AFI)

LSlowmotion:

I'll fix that issue with 5600K asap.

Thanks a lot for your works, and for sharing.

What's the "best" chips ?

low leakage or high leakage (for LN2) ?

and scalar high or low ?

High leakage parts are a must for high frequencies.

Otherwise you will run into a voltage wall.

The best parts for high frequency have ultra high to extreme leakage and ultra low (<1980) leakage scalar.

Lower the leakage scalar value, higher the silicon quality (despite the leakage).

In my personal experience:

1.3375V = 7.6GHz

1.3125V = 7.8GHz

1.2875V = 8.0GHz

1.2750V = 8.2GHz(+)

1.2500V = ?.?GHz

Edited by The Stilt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am new here and really admire what Stilt has done for the APU community.

I have similar undeclared variables issue running on Windows 8, ASRock A85X Extreme 6, A6-6400K. May I know if this processor going to be supported in the future?

The program has been running smoothly on my A10-6800K though with the result as attached. Anyway, the leakage scalar is pretty low on this CPU but the rest of the value seems to be the middle of the road. May I know if this is going to be a good candidate for overclocking on air cooling?

will be working with Kaveri chips too or it must be new software for it?

The software will not run on Kaveri due the hardware checks.

The registers on Kaveri and Carrizo are different anyway.

AFI is likely to be the last software I make so I cannot promise support for the upcoming parts.

If I happen to be still around I will add support for Indus, Bald Eagle, Steppe Eagle, Mullins and Golden Eagle too.

That is a low leak part, which are generally optimal for underclocking.

The required voltage will be slighty higher, however the current draw is much lower.

Puts less stress on the VRM too.

After the estimated load-line effect, the actual stock voltages would be (roughly):

3.9GHz - 1.29875V

3.6GHz - 1.24125V

3.1GHz - 1.15625V

Only beyond that it is undervolting (technically).

Those frequencies and voltage should be "factory stable" with load-line close to 0%.

Thanks so much for your concise and quick reply. How about the other voltages that we can set through UEFI?

At the moment not planning to use it for gaming but solely files/music playback.

Currently stable at 1.000V at ~3.1Ghz (slightly less, got the board with 99.82Mhz

bus speed). Really interesting to see the upcoming APUs and what the possibilities would be with the smaller process some time early next year.

it will be question...Its TSMC 28nm, hard to say....I heard some spekulation about 28nm TSMC and FX: one of the reasons no more FX yet is technology process by TSMC. In theory 28nm TSMC is more power hungry than current 32nm SOI HK with the same size of die. So maybe some FX with new process (20nm?)???

it will be question...Its TSMC 28nm, hard to say....I heard some spekulation about 28nm TSMC and FX: one of the reasons no more FX yet is technology process by TSMC. In theory 28nm TSMC is more power hungry than current 32nm SOI HK with the same size of die. So maybe some FX with new process (20nm?)???

Only SoCs and the GPUs are made on TSMC 28nm node.

The APUs are made on GlobalFoundries new 28nm node.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry to bother. I can not seem to get this working? I keep getting an application error "memory could not be read" as per the attached picture.

Asrock A88x Extreme 6+ and A8-6600k windows 7 32

Got it working, fresh install windows...

Edited by FqqTBawL