HWBOT Community Forums

How to add unsupported cards

elmor

Sorry to hear about your board.

New test version https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx26ahypqxv2njb/eVc%20161024.zip?dl=0 .

If it's still not working, make another reg scan but this time check the SMBus alternative.

You can also try these steps using "Send custom command" from the Menu.

1. (Read VID) Enter Address 20 Register E7 and check "R/W Word", then press Read. Note down the value (should be something like 0x0070).

2. (Write VID) Change Register to 21 (keep "R/W Word" checked) and enter the value you got (eg 0070), then press Write

3. (Apply VID) Change Register to D2, uncheck "R/W Word" and enter value 01

Take screenshots etc in case things don't work. You can also attach the generated log file.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your board.

New test version https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx26ahypqxv2njb/eVc%20161024.zip?dl=0 .

If it's still not working, make another reg scan but this time check the SMBus alternative.

You can also try these steps using "Send custom command" from the Menu.

1. (Read VID) Enter Address 20 Register E7 and check "R/W Word", then press Read. Note down the value (should be something like 0x0070).

2. (Write VID) Change Register to 21 (keep "R/W Word" checked) and enter the value you got (eg 0070), then press Write

3. (Apply VID) Change Register to D2, uncheck "R/W Word" and enter value 01

Take screenshots etc in case things don't work. You can also attach the generated log file.

Hey, sorry about the delay, but have set it up and had another crack. Still getting a hard system lock when trying to apply a voltage. I also tried sending the custom commands, but it failed at the 2nd one. I've attached the reg scan and a screenshot of the settings used for it, plus a screenshot showing the error when sending custom command #2. Thanks

Hey, sorry about the delay, but have set it up and had another crack. Still getting a hard system lock when trying to apply a voltage. I also tried sending the custom commands, but it failed at the 2nd one. I've attached the reg scan and a screenshot of the settings used for it, plus a screenshot showing the error when sending custom command #2. Thanks

Try the manual way again. You shouldn't write "0x70" in the data field but only "70". "0x" is just indicating that the value is using hexadecimal base.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything seems correct. I suspect that the GPU doesn't like that it's not seeing the VRM controller over SVI anymore (this method is changing the control to SMBus instead). Can you measure the output voltage and what happens to it when you press apply?

• 4 weeks later...
Everything seems correct. I suspect that the GPU doesn't like that it's not seeing the VRM controller over SVI anymore (this method is changing the control to SMBus instead). Can you measure the output voltage and what happens to it when you press apply?

Tried applying a voltage and I didn't get any change in the output voltage when measuring it with a multimeter. PC just locked up and the GPU voltages stayed the same.

Tried applying a voltage and I didn't get any change in the output voltage when measuring it with a multimeter. PC just locked up and the GPU voltages stayed the same.

Sounds like what I suspected was true. There is an alternative register you could try but I'm not a 100% sure what it does. If you don't want to risk your card you should not try it.

If you're up to the task however, try this using "Send custom command" from the Menu:

Enter Address 20 Register E6 Data 10 ("R/W Word" unchecked), press Write and check if the output voltage changed.

Sounds like what I suspected was true. There is an alternative register you could try but I'm not a 100% sure what it does. If you don't want to risk your card you should not try it.

If you're up to the task however, try this using "Send custom command" from the Menu:

Enter Address 20 Register E6 Data 10 ("R/W Word" unchecked), press Write and check if the output voltage changed.

What happens if it's wrong? And would you try it on your own card? Happy to take the gamble if you think there's good odds it'll work.

What happens if it's wrong? And would you try it on your own card? Happy to take the gamble if you think there's good odds it'll work.

There's a slight chance it could break something. But I'd say the risk is relatively small and would probably try it myself.

Hi, I have a 380 and I know that Address 20 (my addres is 24) Register E6 Data 10 is an voltage offset of +100mv acording to this: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28012664&postcount=41.

In NCP81022 datasheet: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=157437 , Register E6 is named as Special purpose offset.

I have tested register E6 via Afterburner and it's working.

I have tested register 21 via Afterburner and it isn't working.

Register D2 to 1 give my a blue screen via Afterburner.

I think that the only way to do to work register 21 is adding it to the VBIOS via a VoltageObjectInfo mod.

I was trying to add register E6 to VoltageObjectInfo: Hawaii Bios Editing ( 290 / 290X / 295X2 / 390 / 390X ) - Page 316 , but some values are missing, any idea?. Thanks.

Edited by mynm

There's a slight chance it could break something. But I'd say the risk is relatively small and would probably try it myself.

Tried it and it worked. No lockups, and the core voltage got a small bump. It was fluctuating a little bit though, and GPUZ monitoring would drop out every so often. Losing comms?

Tried it and it worked. No lockups, and the core voltage got a small bump. It was fluctuating a little bit though, and GPUZ monitoring would drop out every so often. Losing comms?

Great! Try this version, hopefully monitoring is working better and added PWM frequency as well. Can you try setting Output voltage offset to 10/20/30 using the dropdown menu and record the values so I can add the mV offset instead of just numbers?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj6aohe4ln3d0q3/eVc%20v1b5%20161224.zip?dl=0

The monitoring dropping out is because GPUZ is reading the same data and thus "competing" for the data. If you disable monitoring in the evc software it should be fine.

Hi, I have a 380 and I know that Address 20 (my addres is 24) Register E6 Data 10 is an voltage offset of +100mv acording to this: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28012664&postcount=41.

In NCP81022 datasheet: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=157437 , Register E6 is named as Special purpose offset.

I have tested register E6 via Afterburner and it's working.

I have tested register 21 via Afterburner and it isn't working.

Register D2 to 0 give my a blue screen via Afterburner.

I think that the only way to do to work register 21 is adding it to the VBIOS via a VoltageObjectInfo mod.

I was trying to add register E6 to VoltageObjectInfo: Hawaii Bios Editing ( 290 / 290X / 295X2 / 390 / 390X ) - Page 316 , but some values are missing, any idea?. Thanks.

Register E6 should be able to go above 100mV, just that by default afterburner is limited to this value using the GUI.

Great! Try this version, hopefully monitoring is working better and added PWM frequency as well. Can you try setting Output voltage offset to 10/20/30 using the dropdown menu and record the values so I can add the mV offset instead of just numbers?

The monitoring dropping out is because GPUZ is reading the same data and thus "competing" for the data. If you disable monitoring in the evc software it should be fine.

Thanks for your time and patience with this. I'll try it out and get back to you with the values after Christmas when I get back home.

Monitoring is working now, but the voltage offsets wouldn't apply. So I did it manually with the custom command, and each step was another 100mv.

Or try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/rub579uir5j0lct/eVc%20v1b6%20121226-2.zip?dl=0

This version should also start a lot faster and be way more conservative with memory usage.

both this version and previous seem the same. logs attached. I have to leave monitoring off, otherwise the whole program will crash and close shortly after starting the scan.