HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2013 thread.

Massman

I've got the question about hybrid graphics. I'm currently benching on HD6670 DDR5 and HD6550D and it seems to behave like HD6670 alone... I know, that for older benchmarks and games only discrete gpu is used, but I saw this score http://hwbot.org/submission/2459458_chispy_3dmark03_radeon_hd_6690d2_58651_marks from chispy and he's getting 50% better result than mine - is there some kind of special trick to do this? I assume, that he got both cards working in crossfire mode, when running 2003.

Hi there bartx , I have just discovered something with this strange weird hybrid set ups , hence why my score was bugged somehow and it was deleted by my , after Roman block it for GT2 score bug high and he was in the right path , my llano cpu with 6530D APU + HD6670 DDR5 = hybrid nomenclature HD6690D2 acts and scores widely different depending on the output I use on this low end biostar mobo , if I connect it directly to the DVI from the mobo it will score lower than the HDMI conector , I get the higher scores if I connect the hybrid set up directly to the DVI of the HD6670 DDR5 video card but then it says that I have 4 video cards installed :eek: , LOL im not running quadfire :P , I believe I am not the only one with this problem , I did it unknowingly or not on purpose I was merely testing the different Video outputs from the mobo and from the video card. please let me know who else is having weird scores with this hybrid set ups , I know for a fact I cannot be the only one having trouble that I do not understand on this weird set ups hybrids. bartx test it for yourself to see if is a board issue , driver issue or just hybrid acticng up.

Hehe I was benching yesterday the same setup and thought "damn that score is just way out of line" :D At least it's pretty unusual that you have ~600 FPS in GT2 and only ~300 FPS in GT3 and GT4.

On my setup GPU-Z says "Enabled (3-GPUs)" which doesn't make sense aswell. I had to use the DVI connector of the HD6670 tho. It didn't work when I tried the VGA/DVI Port of my mainboard.

Hehe I was benching yesterday the same setup and thought "damn that score is just way out of line" :D At least it's pretty unusual that you have ~600 FPS in GT2 and only ~300 FPS in GT3 and GT4.

On my setup GPU-Z says "Enabled (3-GPUs)" which doesn't make sense aswell. I had to use the DVI connector of the HD6670 tho. It didn't work when I tried the VGA/DVI Port of my mainboard.

hahaha ... no worries my friend :celebration: , this hybrid set up are just plain weird , they don't work as they suppose to work I guess , bug high in GT2 and bug low in GT3 :P hahhaha ... I hate this APU BS , I returned this board back to my nephew and I don't want to see another hybrid set up ever again , what a PITA :(

Hi there bartx , I have just discovered something with this strange weird hybrid set ups , hence why my score was bugged somehow and it was deleted by my , after Roman block it for GT2 score bug high and he was in the right path , my llano cpu with 6530D APU + HD6670 DDR5 = hybrid nomenclature HD6690D2 acts and scores widely different depending on the output I use on this low end biostar mobo , if I connect it directly to the DVI from the mobo it will score lower than the HDMI conector , I get the higher scores if I connect the hybrid set up directly to the DVI of the HD6670 DDR5 video card but then it says that I have 4 video cards installed :eek: , LOL im not running quadfire :P , I believe I am not the only one with this problem , I did it unknowingly or not on purpose I was merely testing the different Video outputs from the mobo and from the video card. please let me know who else is having weird scores with this hybrid set ups , I know for a fact I cannot be the only one having trouble that I do not understand on this weird set ups hybrids. bartx test it for yourself to see if is a board issue , driver issue or just hybrid acticng up.

Yep, 4 GPU for us...

Hybrid is very nice, 1k more with hybride... impressive :)

No problem buddy, I'm just trying to make it clear ;)

I find it unbelievable myself when I saw a laptop running a DDR3-2400, that's why i made the video :)

Cheers,

Just a quick note for everybody: Alva sent a video to me of the run and all is fine. It shows the run and afterwards they open CPU-Z (CPU and memory) and also XTU to display all the settings. So the score is fine :)

Yep, 4 GPU for us...

Hybrid is very nice, 1k more with hybride... impressive :)

Just for reference. What score do you guys have on stock with hybrid? I'm still not sure whether it works alright.

We had about 33k here in 03 with HD6670 in Hybrid.

Just for reference. What score do you guys have on stock with hybrid? I'm still not sure whether it works alright.

We had about 33k here in 03 with HD6670 in Hybrid.

No bugs here that I can detect. Was getting 23k-ish stock with 6630D2 (3870K/6550D + HD 6570), scaling up to 28k predictably w/ various OC's. My drivers (Cat 13.9 64-bit for APU) reliably switch dual graphics on and off w/ GPU-Z showing either "Crossfire enabled (2 GPUs)" or "Crossfire disabled (2 GPUs available)."

I need to find your bugs so I can hit low 30's. ;) I'm gonna start switching outputs around...

EDIT: 23k seems low relative to 33k for ref on 6690D2, must be the lower clocks and DDR3 handicapping me on the 6570...with OC still doing 2-3k better than a comparably clocked 6550D, so there's clearly SOME benefit.

Edited by MrBreeze

Thanks for your answer. I was using DVI port on HD6670 and my score was around 35000 points. I checked also gpu usage during 2003 run - 100% on HD6670 and 0% on HD6550D. Gpu Z showing 4 or 3 Gpu, no idea why. Disabling Crossfire gave me 2500 points boost :D Seems to be, that Crossfire generates bigger cpu load.

According to AMD info it's ok. In 3DMark 2011 there was boost from hybrid, in 2003 not. So in my opinion, it should behave a bit slower than single, discrete GPU used during bench.

My submission was not added to my country results, anything wrong whith the submit? It was checked ok by the system.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2467395_wooddragon_3dmark03_radeon_hd_7870_%28tahiti_core%29_109925_marks

You already have a PCI-E result in that stage which is better:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2454911_nacho_arroyo_3dmark03_geforce_gtx_titan_199837_marks

• Crew

You are using a PCIe card. Nacho's score with the Titan is better then yours, so your score does not count in the ranking... only the highest score per GPU type are used in Stage 8.

For the other two scores you listed, one is APU, the other one is a hybrid (so APU + GPU) score, so Argentina still needs an AGP and PCI card score...

Your score will only be listed from the moment you beat one of the previous set scores per GPU type. I hope it is clear now ;)

Edited by Leeghoofd