HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2013 thread.

Massman

I'm confused, for stage 7, is Llano the only CPU able to be used? I see Intel platforms being used and not aware that Intel can do hybrid GPU, unless I'm wrong?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I understand you need a submission from each of the platforms.

Edited by filmbot

Question:

For the Catzilla AMD APU stage, I see that the HD 6550D is stated using 'BeaverCreek' Core, and HD 6620G using 'Sumo' Core (although GPU-Z will state both GPU using 'sumo' core) Does that mean those two is considered using two different cores?

one more,

According to hwbot, the HD 8470D is using Devastator' Core, but TPU Gpudb is listing this GPU using 'Scrapper' Core - which one was it was correct?

Thanks a lot ;)

On note of the APU catzilla round, is it enough that the GPUs are a different model no? IE 8670D and 8470D or do they need to be from entirely different releases?

Thought I had found one stage where the hardware was readily available, silly me haha

Edited by jjjc

Question:

For the Catzilla AMD APU stage, I see that the HD 6550D is stated using 'BeaverCreek' Core, and HD 6620G using 'Sumo' Core (although GPU-Z will state both GPU using 'sumo' core) Does that mean those two is considered using two different cores?

one more,

According to hwbot, the HD 8470D is using Devastator' Core, but TPU Gpudb is listing this GPU using 'Scrapper' Core - which one was it was correct?

Thanks a lot ;)

1) Yeah, different. 6620G is Sumo core.

2) Good call! It is in fact Scrapper core (and 7640D is Scrapper too, but different generation). Made the distinction in the database, both count as different GPU cores.

1) Yeah, different. 6620G is Sumo core.

2) Good call! It is in fact Scrapper core (and 7640D is Scrapper too, but different generation). Made the distinction in the database, both count as different GPU cores.

Thanks Mass :)

So just to further clarify, we can use these APUs to fulfill the 5 submission requirement for Catzilla stage:

1. A10-6800K / HD 8670D - devastator'

2. A10-5800K / HD 7660D- devastator

3. A8-3870K / HD 6550D - beaver creek

4. A6-6400K / HD 8470D - scrapper'

5. A6-5400K / HD 7540D - scrapper

Is that right?

Edited by Lucky_n00b

Thanks Mass :)

So just to further clarify, we can use these APUs to fulfill the 5 submission requirement for Catzilla stage:

1. A10-6800K / HD 8670D - devastator'

2. A10-5800K / HD 7660D- devastator

3. A8-3870K / HD 6550D - beaver creek

4. A6-6400K / HD 8470D - scrapper'

5. A6-5400K / HD 7540D - scrapper

Is that right?

Yup, that would work.

I think I'm confused now. So using a 6800K and a 5800K would make for two separate submissions despite the fact they are both Devestator core?

Is the list that Lucky_n00b provided an acceptable list that would get a country to fill the stage? Or would it only register 3 submissions considering there are two Devestator cores and two Scrapper cores listed?

It is an acceptable list, and would show as 5 submissions.

Background information: our database structure links gpu_core to gpu_family. We cannot link one core to two families. So, Devestator is linked to the HD 7000 series, and Devestator' linked to the HD 8000 series. It's something we can't work around :(.

Got it now, maybe a note on the stage's page so that everyone is aware of the 'loophole' (not really sure what to call it :D )

Perhaps you should change the core name to Devestator 7000 series and Devestator 8000 series so its a little easier understand. When I initially searched around the database for cores to use I totally missed they were considered different.

Thanks for the clarification!