HWBOT Community Forums

Interest Check for European OC Gathering (with extreme/enthusiast competition)

Massman

Would you be interested in attending this gathering  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in attending this gathering

• Yes, absolutely!
    • Yes, but the price is too high
    • Yes, but it is a bit too far
    • No, too far/not interested/too much money/other (please specify in thread)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pack will tear this apart!!

Illeism in everyday speech can have a variety of intentions depending on context. One common usage is to impart humility, a common practice in feudal societies (not applicable in traditional UK society) and other societies where honorifics are important to observe ("Your servant awaits your orders"), as well as in master–slave relationships ("This slave needs to be punished") (interest explanation.....) Recruits in the military, mostly USMC (not applicable here,) are also often made to refer to themselves in the third-person, such as "the recruit," in order to reduce the sense of individuality and enforce the idea of the group being more important than the self. The use of illeism in this context imparts a sense of lack of self, implying a diminished importance of the speaker in relation to the addressee or to a larger whole.

OR

illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism.

Which is it? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How many people were at the computex one? Just curious as I'd imagine there would be even more at the europe one.

Deffo

For my part, sorry that I did not participate much, great arrangement by HwBot, if pointing out something annoying/stupid, which I obviously have to - it was that my GPS simply would not accept the location, was very hard to find

*But maybe just following others will be solution? I was just being an idiot - default! :)

I am certain that ObscureParadox is completely right, if its in central Europe it'll bring even more, however, I am tempted to suggest UK - for the simple fact that us scandinavians don't mind traveling, same goes for Benelux and Germany, while a 'few' UK clockers simply cannot accept more than 1:30 hrs journey **Not thinking of Gappo and the lads, not at all**

Improvement suggestions;

Before start of event, have a schedule ready, let it be open for others to see, for my part, I wanted to go to cover some, but I had no idea when the contest/challenges would be.

You are right, I could have been there the entire stay - but I was not.

Anyhow, summing up;

Thanks for pushing the ball, hope it wont stop rolling, because this sure is good for OC!

Deffo

I am certain that ObscureParadox is completely right, if its in central Europe it'll bring even more, however, I am tempted to suggest UK - for the simple fact that us scandinavians don't mind traveling, same goes for Benelux and Germany, while a 'few' UK clockers simply cannot accept more than 1:30 hrs journey **Not thinking of Gappo and the lads, not at all**

This is my biggest gripe about most people in the UK :P

I don't mind traveling to Australia as long as I can afford it at the time and I know a few people will be there :)