HWBOT Community Forums

Why don't we talk about the killings?

Massman

it's pretty clear that M6E has some CPU killing issues, but can be resolved if propper settings are used and less "auto" settings.

i saw drweez chip die first 5 mins of OC on m6e, clicked RUN on cinebench and chip never ran again. 8 cpu's out of 16 died at AOOC, 0 out of 16 died at MOA.

they board just needs some attention to figure out why its killing :P, Its not hardware im sure, its probly some bios setting or something that goes ES mode when you bench retail chip

i lost nothing on other boards so far,

benched my gem REALLY hard on these boards and its still fine

M6 Gene (XTU - 32M)

M6 Impact (XTU Full runs - 32M)

Asrock Z87M OCF (all 3dmarks - 32m)

Gigabyte Z87-OC (all benchmarks)

MSI Mpower MAX (cinebench - xtu full runs - 32m)

i have a low volt low heat chip, maybe deaths are caused by high volt and temp overload

Mine died running 32m at 1.65v :( pooop

it's pretty clear that M6E has some CPU killing issues, but can be resolved if propper settings are used and less "auto" settings.

i saw drweez chip die first 5 mins of OC on m6e, clicked RUN on cinebench and chip never ran again. 8 cpu's out of 16 died at AOOC, 0 out of 16 died at MOA.

they board just needs some attention to figure out why its killing :P, Its not hardware im sure, its probly some bios setting or something that goes ES mode when you bench retail chip

i lost nothing on other boards so far,

benched my gem REALLY hard on these boards and its still fine

M6 Gene (XTU - 32M)

M6 Impact (XTU Full runs - 32M)

Asrock Z87M OCF (all 3dmarks - 32m)

Gigabyte Z87-OC (all benchmarks)

MSI Mpower MAX (cinebench - xtu full runs - 32m)

i have a low volt low heat chip, maybe deaths are caused by high volt and temp overload

On AOOC about 8 cpus were dead after the contest (of 26). On MOA 3 cpus were dead of 30?

Killed a Giga Z77X-UP7, after RMA it then killed two of my 3770K's :(

Killed too much stuff to remember, funniest was when one mate was modding my 7950GX2 and the other was setting up the vr's only to cut the wrong leg off and it blew the whole track off both boards :eek: they were both gutted as it was a £250+ card, I just laughed and carried on drinking :D

Why don't we talk about this? Because we want to look like effortless pros and we don't want to talk about all the money we've lost!

It took a while for anyone (else) to post in my "the fail" thread.

I bunny up all the time. I don't play with what I can't afford to toast :) Good rule for life :D

Why don't we talk about this? Because we want to look like effortless pros and we don't want to talk about all the money we've lost!

It took a while for anyone (else) to post in my "the fail" thread.

I bunny up all the time. I don't play with what I can't afford to toast :) Good rule for life :D

+1

Currently I do dozens of RMAs from ocers from many countries but no one kills hw officially ;)

I've started benching using ASUS M6E only a while ago(for HOT), and lost both of my best CPU on XTU bench. (Pretty sure it was the benchmark that kills and not the board, since I Also kill one 4770K on MPOWER MAX)

But i want to ask, Did that 'fully manual mode'(not the max vcore) kills cpu more easier during heavy bench? or that options have no effect?

Apearently, R4E and R4F also like to burn down sometimes. Might be a case of moisture, but still me and a buddy broke these boards and got burned at almost the exact same spot, as far as it can be the same, just above the first PCI-E slot. Some resistors decided to burn out.

I got lucky, however my friend's cpu is crippled and can only boot with some gpu's.

Most of the hardware I've killed is just out of plain stupidity, exception being some recent APU (3 pieces) and UP4 FM2 board deaths.

I usually overdo the insulation, so no moisture problems of any kind. I'm always careful with the boards, since I pay them from my wallet and can't afford killing hardware due to a bad insulation.