HWBOT Community Forums

HiVizMan - FX-8350 @ 7910MHz - 9min 19sec 828ms SuperPi - 32M

flanker

Flank3r yeah I posted in your thread on ROG. :)

I.NFRAR.ED - The first time I binned over 20 8350 processors, but then Roman destroyed the 32Mil scores and broke the 9.30 mark, and even my back ups and I had to start all over again.

In the end I think it was closer to 100 processors the second time round, not just 8350'I binned all new AMD processors in my search for a 8GHz benching processor. I got this one from Amazon EU by the way. It came close to benching at 8GHz with 7990MHz for the final runs but I never got to bench over 8GHz for 32 Mil that is Romans alone.

Sam - I try to stay focused on a single outcome, so there was no thought of seeing what the max frequency was. Mainly because trying for a suicide CPUz shot would mean not being able to bench that CPU later if it died or was damaged. As it was I lost quite a few processors during the final binning process in any case.

At the end of the day I would have liked to join the elite club of benching 32Mil at 8GHz with Roman but that is not going to happen any time soon. I certainly tried, and killed processors in search of that goal over the last week of the contest. I got real close but ... no cigar.