HWBOT Community Forums

vMod-requests and general discussions

der8auer

I hate to ask but....titan x volt mod?

I can not find the same points on this card as others the controller is used on.

NCP81174.

I am not looking to put a power board on the card and its very boring with just modded bios so any help?

All I can find on modding that IC

I think I had an idea for "pencil VMOD" for 970/980 that mount a regulator NCP81174 (the reference, then I think msi, palit, zotac? tbc) I attached the diagram, it comes to finding the resistance R_VREF1 (which will be connected between the pin 31 and 32 of the regulator, maybe you have to follow the tracks around ...) and smatitarci above. unfortunately I do not have a card of these handy otherwise gave a glance the controller works well, the voltage is determined by a PWM input with a duty cycle of 100% is set to Vmax and Vmin to 0%. then vgpu = vmin + duty cycle * (vmax-vmin) lowering R_VREF1 which is the denominator of the two equations are raised is that vmax vmin. must hope that A) the (/ le?) resistance is easy to find B) is high enough that it can be lowered with a pencil . Me have invented tonight o'clock at night because I've seen people who want to get more of what allows the bios (or the bios mod) or it can become a classic with VMOD trimmer (welding) but that was not the purpose. .. a time when they were not the VMOD around you trying diagrams regulators and invented the moment ... I see that is a bit 'out of fashion for the measurement points of tension vgpu are fine the usual made ​​of VMOD with the trimmer, I've seen are around. EDIT kind HERE for those who do not know what a pencil VMOD it is just a lower resistance literally "coloring it" with a pencil so you leave above the graphite. easy, painless, erasable Who is this resistance has won! Lol

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showthread.php?p=42178130

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cowgut
Anything or way of getting more volts into an msi 460 hawk?? And idea what the dip switch's are for??

Thanks

stock vrm 460 hawk's blow up at under 1.38v

I took out 3 ...one still works with a burned phase but I consider it a fire hazzard

• 2 months later...

Anyone able to figure out the Foxconn BlackOps? All I need is the datasheet, but I cannot find it anywhere.

The PWM part is G823HAD. I don't even need the whole datasheet, I just need to know the pin numbers for FB and IMON. If you help me I would consider sending you a nicely binned Cele 347.

Is possible to guess the FB pin by testing the resistance and doing a pencil mod to see if the voltage changes but no idea about IMON

Good idea man!!! I really only need FB. I need to boot my pinmodded Cele's but they require a vcore bump in order to boot in that board. Any advise for going about guessing?

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

wanna ask about my Gigabyte LGA775 Motherboard (EP45-UD3r).

The CPU Voltage capped to 1.4V when using P4's, whereas it can go up to 2V when using Core 2's

What can I do? Is there any hidden menu/custom bios that allow P4 overclocking on this decent motherboard?

(I've got dozens of P4 lying around to play with, but stucked with 1.4V -- you know that feels... )

a hardmod will do too.

I have a quite basic understand in electronics & soldering skills, last hardmod I do was a FB mod in nvidia 8400GS, reading from the datasheet.

Thank you very much.

- Lukas

Hello guys,

wanna ask about my Gigabyte LGA775 Motherboard (EP45-UD3r).

The CPU Voltage capped to 1.4V when using P4's, whereas it can go up to 2V when using Core 2's

What can I do? Is there any hidden menu/custom bios that allow P4 overclocking on this decent motherboard?

(I've got dozens of P4 lying around to play with, but stucked with 1.4V -- you know that feels... )

a hardmod will do too.

I have a quite basic understand in electronics & soldering skills, last hardmod I do was a FB mod in nvidia 8400GS, reading from the datasheet.

Thank you very much.

- Lukas

First what you need to do is identify the mosfet controller as it will likely be fb to gnd with a trimmer around 20x the resistance that's unless a modded/extreme bios for it is around

Just to throw it out there they could've had a pretty good reason for only allowing 1.4v on p4 but I have NFI

Edit: If you can't find it try and upload some high res photos of the top half of the board (mainly around cpu mosfets and i/o) and I'll try and help

Edited by newlife

Here it is (old photos though)

The VRM controller is ISL6336.

Here's the datasheet for ISL 6336 and 6336A

http://www.intersil.com/content/dam/Intersil/documents/isl6/isl6336-a.pdf

Will the controller accept if I mod the FB? I'm afraid that the controller have a some protiection mechanism, or it will run wonky.

after quick reading the datasheet, the output voltage also can be set via the Intel VID pins up to 1.60V. Any tips how to remove the original one & how to solder it?

can I tip-ex the processor pins to modify it's VID?

Most likely reason that Gigabyte put the 1.4V cap is the crazy power consumption & heat on P4 i thought. Since I wont go up to 1.6V on 90nm processor, i think it maybe not a big problem.

Edited by lukasb

Update:

just tried the VID mod (covering some VID pins on Pentium 4 511)

Tried to change the VID[0:5] bit from 110010 (1.3875V, default) to 010000 (1.4625v)

but, the bios still detect as a 1.3875V processor and just fed it with 1.402V. cant go more...

I think that's because it has a dynamic vid and it changes it based what set by the bios

I've had a quick look at the datasheet and it seems OFS pin controls an offset voltage which should allow you set up to +175mv before ovp will trip which when combined with 1.4v set in the bios should allow up to 1.575v

As for ocp I have no idea if it will trip with the volts you are after

I think that's because it has a dynamic vid and it changes it based what set by the bios

I've had a quick look at the datasheet and it seems OFS pin controls an offset voltage which should allow you set up to +175mv before ovp will trip which when combined with 1.4v set in the bios should allow up to 1.575v

As for ocp I have no idea if it will trip with the volts you are after

thankyou for assisting me, Will defintely try that OFS pin.

afaik, older Pentium 4 with 130nm/90nm transistor havent got Dynamic VID features, the voltage & frequency are always constant.

what i forgot is, when I cover some VID pins, i don't ground them to make a "0" logic, I leave it open. Maybe the MB pulled up these pins to HIGH state as the intel rules if CPU is removed, it should make a logic VID[0:7] 11111111 [yes there's 8bit on my board, but only 6bit used in P4] and the VRM disabled.

[EDIT: the ISL6336 does indeed do the pullup to logic "1" if the pins left open]

Will pencil mod do?

Edited by lukasb

Pencil mod would be the best way to test with a low risk of damage. Basically find the resistor connected to OFS and read the resistance and draw across it with a pencil and read resistance again and if lowered test to see if the volts changed. Just note software may not read a change and you may need to use dmm to check from one of the chokes or caps

• 3 weeks later...

You are looking for a IC with u701 labeled next to it on the pcb as that one posted a picture of is u2 I'm pretty sure it's not. If you find it post up the number written on the IC and post a pic

Edit: How about the IC above where you did the gpu?

Edited by newlife