Request

Gtx 295 dual pcb

OCP/OVP

VT 1165M

Data sheet:

http://wk.baidu.com/view/567ff9791711cc7931b7166f?pcf=2#9

Black screen anything much over 1.25v

Thinking VID mod to raise OVP...?

Any other info needed, pcb pics, v/ohm values I can sort this evening.

Also need to ask if worthwhile doing cap mods and if so, how to check value of caps needed. (Not just general one size will do)

Edited by Doug2507

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the mod from gtx260/280 " about OCP " has nothing to do with OCP;) , as we read the datasheet has to do with R_Ref( pin30 reference resistor use to calibrate) and R_Sel ( pin31- the range select pin)

the pins that has to do with UVP and OCP/OVP is pin 24 and pin 25 , you should lowered the resistance R2003 from 10k to 8K or 5K( but i don´t recomanded if you don´t change the coil inductors and cooled very well the mosfets) that has to do with OVP , and R2001 for UVP!

Edited by nachtfalke

• 4 weeks later...
Does anybody know if the vfb pin is the same thing as fb

IC in question is ncp81174 from a Gigabyte 950 Xtreme Gaming

On this part I recommend adjusting the REFIN pin. Essentially the voltage on this pin will be the output target voltage. Try to identify the resistor connected between REFIN and VREF pins and lower the resistance by soldering a VR in parallel. Check Figure 2 for an overview.

On this part I recommend adjusting the REFIN pin. Essentially the voltage on this pin will be the output target voltage. Try to identify the resistor connected between REFIN and VREF pins and lower the resistance by soldering a VR in parallel. Check Figure 2 for an overview.

Thanks for that and would I be right in assuming it's the same as with fb and I use a VR 20x the resistance or would it be different?

Yeah 20x the resistance between those two pins should work well.

I just found out no need to do the gpu after soldering a V read point I found out changes past 1.275v done by bios take effect it's just Gpu-z stopping at 1.25v

Oh and max I can set by bios is around 1.6v

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried this and decreasing the resistance lowered the voltage

Edit: just to make sure I did right I had a trimpot connected from point marked in red to ground

FlOzh0M.jpg

Edited by newlife

I just tried this and decreasing the resistance lowered the voltage

Edit: just to make sure I did right I had a trimpot connected from point marked in red to ground

FlOzh0M.jpg

Yes this will lower the voltage. I said in parallel with the resistor between VREF and REFIN, not from REFIN to GND. See below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4279&stc=1&d=1462884840

Hey i just desoldered the powersection of a 8800gts 512 to get a powerboard on it.

I measured the resistance of the vGPU points and there were just 0.5-0.6Ohm.

Is this still ok or do you think i shorted something?

I heard under 0.5Ohm its mostly a short.

Edited by VanBudd