HWBOT Community Forums

Doubtful AMD Socket A submissions from RIBEIROCROSS

Antinomy

• Crew

This was not the first submission that I doubt but I want to make it the last.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=7436 - here's the start of the story.

In short, at first REIBEROCROSS shows a Sempron validation that is not a Sempron at all. He tries to explain it with bridge mods. The only problem is that Sempron CPUs are known to have locked multiplier and can't change their multiplier via bridges.

Then he pretends to be deaf talking about Duron Applebred unlocking (most of which are unlocked and don't require any modifications).

Yesterday, he brings this thread up after 4 years! And shows what he wants us to think is a unlocked via modification Sempron CPU (for the younger, there indeed were none Semprons with default x15 multiplier) - http://valid.canardpc.com/0ccfmn

I want to ask moderators to question him the nature of the mod and verify it by repeating it step-by-step. He doesn't need to make it public, I just want to be sue it's not cheating.

Pretty much the same verification you've done with bob's tweak and others.

If you need any help understanding Socket A modifications or other in-depth things, I'll provide you all the needed info.

Amazing. I challenged these a long time ago. Never saw any action. They're all fakes. Bridge mods don't work on NF2 boards period. People of the 'Oscar Wu' caliber have tried for a long time without success. I highly doubt this guy is even remotely close in caliber. Proof is most definitely needed. Show me.

• 3 weeks later...
This was not the first submission that I doubt but I want to make it the last.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=7436 - here's the start of the story.

In short, at first REIBEROCROSS shows a Sempron validation that is not a Sempron at all. He tries to explain it with bridge mods. The only problem is that Sempron CPUs are known to have locked multiplier and can't change their multiplier via bridges.

Then he pretends to be deaf talking about Duron Applebred unlocking (most of which are unlocked and don't require any modifications).

Yesterday, he brings this thread up after 4 years! And shows what he wants us to think is a unlocked via modification Sempron CPU (for the younger, there indeed were none Semprons with default x15 multiplier) - http://valid.canardpc.com/0ccfmn

I want to ask moderators to question him the nature of the mod and verify it by repeating it step-by-step. He doesn't need to make it public, I just want to be sue it's not cheating.

Pretty much the same verification you've done with bob's tweak and others.

If you need any help understanding Socket A modifications or other in-depth things, I'll provide you all the needed info.

Stop waiting for approval. Do what you want and live you life. Don´t worry. If it is supposed to happen, it will!.......................................................................................................

Overclock people?

Everyone has an untold story hidden behind closed doors.

Try to understand.

Edited by ribeirocross

I have played with alot of theese semperons in the past and they did unlock some of them until week 42 in that year they came out then the where laser cut in the core here is the way to unlock it to an amd xp cpu conect these to small pads. i think the semperon 1600mhz did became an xp 1900 cpu with full cache! and they have unlocked multi also but only ontil week 42.

And the did Work on NF2 mobos because that was the only mobos i had epox asus and dfi nf2 and all of the could handle the unlocked semperons

Edited by riska

riska, what you are talking about is Duron Applebred 1600MHz. And yes, all you've described is pretty normal.

Mr.Scott, so it's an unsoldered L3 pullup with manual switches, what do you think?

Being that the startup multi is being set through the L3 switch setup and not being changed 'on the fly' or through the bios.....basically a locked multi of your choice, I can see that working, even on NF2 boards.

Now my take: This is way too much work for a sub $5 processor and 2 points. Dupe...maybe, worth pursuing....not to me.

I can find an honest 2 points way easier.

If it were me, I'd have said "hey, check this out", instead of just sliding it in under the radar for a couple points. I'd want to show the amount of work and dedication for these subs. But that's just me.

Edited by Mr.Scott

• Crew

I agree to ObscureParadox - unless it doubtful, I'd keep some of my tricks as a little advantage. I did put effort in some of my submissions and Mr.Scott, you are aware of it. This is a totally personal issue. If the moderators just said "we've checked this mod, it works and it's legit", I'd be fine without knowing what it is.

But it is still to be checked - I don't get why the boards settings don't work and wires connected to same places do. Same for the pullup resistor remove.

This is my second and last participation in this thread and I want to leave something for you guys reflect.

I want to make it clear that if the HWBOT moderation finding that I cheated on something, I think that it's more than fair that I be banned from this forum for violating the rules and cheat with all you guys.

But I wanted to leave a message for those who have posted here pejoratively or friendly and to people who see this thread, read and made no comment.

Some posts above was said something that made me very sad and thoughtful about overclocking and points. And thats what I have to say about it:

- Overclock itself is not necessarily practiced to get points. Every people who really is an overclocker and love this hobby do his job mainly because manipulate the hardware is his passion and the points are just a bonus for the dedication.

- A true overclocker likes to explore the hardware till its limits what's different to obtain a set of hardware designed for it's purpose and achieve results and points. Not that nowadays hardware isn't good, but it has been planned and facilitated much the life of the people who likes to overclock, which is different from the old days, when we had to work the hardware to get a few MHz. It was mod over mod! Good old times which people was more friendly exchanging ideas and learning more and more.

- I among many others have a passion for hardware and moding that when I do something that someone still unable to accomplish I feel very happy, even if 0.1 point is obtained.

- It is a shame that some are mad with the joy of others. Maybe lack incentives to try something or perhaps are only searching for points to climb on the highest place of the raking and accomplish virtually what fails to do in everyday.

After all, I showed everything that was asked by HWBOT Mod to show toward this fateful modded Sempron, however, I reserve my legal right to keep my secrets from public.

All this stress is really unnecessary and if possible to HWBOT mod take a position about this issue quickly it will be nice.

I will accept any decision quietly and I'm relaxed because I have my conscience in peace that I'm not cheating or being dishonest.

PS: After all I didn't post in HWBOT rankings anything with my moded Sempron with 15X mult using NF2 board or not. I just posted the CPU-Z validation on the old thread because you guys want to see that, mainly to proof that it can be possible.

• Crew

I must say that I totally agree with you. Just to clear things - I'm not mad with your joy. But for the years I'm here, I've seen enough "strange" results that turned out to be cheating (mostly edited screens) and from my experience it's much more likely that someone who I don't know is simply fiddling than using some knowledge beyond mine.

It's nothing personal, do understand. But I'm afraid it'll take some time for the moderators to reproduce and check your mod.

Fear not if you've got truth on your side.