HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge September 2010 thread.

Calathea

One good competition after another, very nice job Massman! Will try to engage some people in my team.

edit: Second thoughts, why GT 220? To me it seems like a overpriced card with crappy performance. In sweden, HD4850 can be bought cheaper.

Edited by Calathea

edit: Second thoughts, why GT 220? To me it seems like a overpriced card with crappy performance. In sweden, HD4850 can be bought cheaper.

Just looked for the cheapest NV card still in retail (so hunting 2nd hand sales wasn't absolute necessity) ... and it was this one.

It was around €50 iirc

@massman, can you check this out? It posted but the score doesnt show up in the gt220 contest, just my old score. did I do something wrong when I submitted?

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1055651_

Only things I can see are you forgot to open the mem tab on one of the cpu-z windows, & attaching a picture of the rig (not sure if this is 100% a requirement or not, I do it anyway).

Nice score BTW.

Only things I can see are you forgot to open the mem tab on one of the cpu-z windows, & attaching a picture of the rig (not sure if this is 100% a requirement or not, I do it anyway).

Nice score BTW.

Thanks FTW 420. I know that was such a stupid mistake on my part. I was doing beers and it was late and I started getting sloppy. I actually took the time to open all 3 cpuz windows with the intention of cpu/mem/mobo ss but I never selected the tabs. DOH!

Oh well. It wasn't maxed out but it was the best score I have yet that I saved. I had some problems on that board i think the cb mod wore off because it would reboot around -110c.

I took it all down and redid the mod and reinsulated and now its not posting at all. I think I did a sloppy mod and it shorted the pins adjacent to the ones I intended to short. I have been messing with the new amd am3 740 chip. I am so rusty with amd ocing. its been a year since I did anything on AMD. I had it up to 5.5ghz benching last night with the same gt220 and my scores were in the high 500 range. even with the gpu at 820/1600/800 I couldnt manage to break that intel score on the mediocre cpu oc. 2001 was laughable. Is amd that bad for 3d? I double checked to make sure the pcie x16 slot was actually running at x16 and not x8. either amd is terrible at 3d and spi or I am terrible at overclocking amd and I need to figure my settings out. i'm guessing all of the above. :(