HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge September 2010 thread.

Calathea

@ Massman

Just one thing i want to add at the end of this challange. The basic idea of this challange is good but there is no chance to win with GT220 DDR2 or the mobile version. Some guys of our Team bought the DDR2 Version and were very disappointed about the performance. So maybe next time just one card for the challange. :)

What Massman said. We did research before purchasing our cards. We learned during the 5450 competition that memory bandwidth is a key factor with these low-end GPUs. Almost bought the Giga cards, but we realized they had the crap Hynix memory modules and decided to go with the XFX with 1.85v Samsung's even though it had a weaker single phase GPU vs Giga's dual phase.

Why does the 03' stage end an hour before the 01' and Heaven stages?

C'mon ... if you buy a card for a contest, you should do research for the best card. Apparently some guys didn't do it, although it requires only a few minutes time to realize memory is the bottleneck (hwbot graphs or even some reviews). Don't blame the competition for that mistake ;).

Yep i agree on that :) Guys on our forums wanted me to mention it. So i did :D

• Crew

congratz Overclock.net, awesomely done !!

Our little Leadtek 1Gb card was so low on clocks compared to the XFX and Giga cards... let alone the rams on that card , just breaching 1010Mhz :P

Just as a comparison wit the better cards out there : 675/950 was all she ever did on air (no mods)... otherwise it would cap out. Either we compromised with lower ram clocks to get the shaders over 1500Mhz...

But we had mega fun during the 2 hours and a half battle... thx massie, next time we start a bit more prepared lol... or let's say pretested...

see you all next time !!

Edited by Leeghoofd

Pizza Man you kicked so much ass in this contest! I was on the ocnet forum although im not a member and was just reading your thread and saw all the work you put into this thing. You definitely earned it. You kept everyone on their toes the whole time. I'm glad you came back around and took that 3rd stage. I was not prepared to explain that score if I won. I honestly have no idea how the hell I got that score. Its beyond me. I knew if I won I would have a bunch of my oc colleagues asking me a bunch of questions I was not prepared to answer because I honestly have no idea how that happened. I'm having a beer right now to celebrate your trifecta win. Its awesome and your hard work paid off.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u262/PizzaManWill/003-1.jpg

take care

alvin

Thx Trans am.

The extra modding(caps and inductor) had little effect on this card. If I had more time I would have done an external power source. The PCI power was really hindering this card. Didn't really expect that after clocking the 5450 like a dream on the PCI wattage.

Most the extra points came from hours of testing and tweaking before actually benching the card.