HWBOT Community Forums

The official February Team Cup Warm-up Contest thread.

Massman

is the amd stage a single cpu or cpu thread? bit confusing

Use 1 processor core(s) in total.

for stage 4 is a dual gpu ok or not?like the 3Dlabs Wildcat Realizm 800

Yes, allowed

Am I to understand that we are allowed to disable cores for SC2?

Because based on the the limitations and past competitions my understanding is that it must be ONE SINGLE CORE CPU and NO CORE DISABLING.

Just wanna be clear so I'll know.

Thank you...

Disabling cores is never allowed, so the CPU must be single core.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i use nvidia 610m?

I'll add all the 610 variants. (so yes)

Are the on-board (chipset) graphics allowed ???

Are they considered to be videocards ???

Yup allowed. They are considered videocards :).

The Pentium II stage says :

Is it ok to use PII based Celeron (Mendocino)?

All Processors allowed can be found under the hardware database, here: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processors#key=intel_pentium_2. So to answer your question: yes. :)

Actually Voodoo4/5 can run GT1... however it requires some sw hacks via 3D analyze...

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1129&whichpage=64

3DMark03 runs with Alpha35 plus 3DAnalyze ( emulate Cube Maps ).

Small texture problems at the front of the planes and with transparency at the windows.

Result : 95 3DMarks with Voodoo4 PCI

As for the hardware - I have everything except the GeForce GT610. Maybe I'll buy one. :D

• Crew
Will 3d Analyze work with some of the other brand DX8 cards or is it Voodoo only?

Would have been nice if the bench would have been 01 / AM3, have on hand cards from most of the vendors, only one that will do 03 by design.

it will work with other cards as well.

but for dx8 cards it's mostly useless, because dx8 cards already have the features 3d analyze emulates natively.

it will work with other cards as well.

but for dx8 cards it's mostly useless, because dx8 cards already have the features 3d analyze emulates natively.

Confused for a bit; Wiki showing the Voodoo line as DX8 cards thus the statement, Vintage3d, DX7 as well as a few other sites. Actually played a few games on the cards should have remembered.

Not seeing Matrox and 3Dlabs in the directory listing when browsing video cards, personally done a couple of Matrox cards.

• Crew

Aleslammer, anyway 3Danalyzer and stuff like that is forbidden at HWBot. Pixel shaders are required only for tests 2-4. First test doesn't need them (and works on GF4 MX without shaders).

The problem is with features like Cube maps and other, the Futuremark whitepaper describes them. And that's what Voodoo doesn't support AFAIK.

And the main one - how about 32-bit color on Voodoo? ;) most of them don't support it.