HWBOT Community Forums

UCBench11: Tweaks and Luck

GENiEBEN

I just noticed this thread... and I am not sure I understand the issue completely.

Pwds. Checked are in ascending order

So the "Pwds. Checked" column must contain all the numbers strictly in ascending order - i.e. the lowest number is first in the list and the highest one is last. No high numbers "in the middle".

Make sure that thread selected divided to total available threads (cpu threads) is not an odd number.

The thread count could be like this?

dual core CPU -> 2, 4, 8, 56, 60, 64

quad core CPU -> 4, 8, 56, 64

and how about single core CPUs? Does this bug apply for them as well?

For example this score is done on single core http://hwbot.org/submission/2367371_havli_ucbench_2011_duron_1.0ghz_24.3_mpt_score Is it considered as bugged because of the Pwds. Checked number?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to control then if that's true. Bench must be run at default settings only. What's the issue? Default or get rid of it.

I agree, not everyone is going to fully understand the whole bugged or not bugged situation and the only way to guarantee good results every time is to force everyone to run stock.

• Crew
Easy to control then if that's true. Bench must be run at default settings only. What's the issue? Default or get rid of it.

+1

But also keep in mind that, when we only accept default thread count, probably 40-50% of results have to get blocked. And than we have to think about if it makes sense to keep this bench.

Again, I agree. :)

Not sure if I do, we should be looking more towards benchmarks which really do test the likes of the 4960X fully Multi-threaded to give points to. Old benchmarks like wPrime 32M really aren't good enough any more as the CPUs are just too good for the benchmark. If we concentrate on getting benchmarks to run on older platforms then we run the risk of not furtureproofing for the latest chips.

Imho we need a new benchmark which was as hard as SuperPi 32M for the old P4 CPUs but is fully multi-threaded.

Well, if Ucbench will be removed from HWbot, we should get some other benchmark (with HW points) as a replacement. It shoud be capable of running on Pentium class CPU (without MMX / SSE).

I really liked UCbench, opened up for more activity with interesting choices, clarkdale, wolfdale, even mobile cpus. A new benchmark which works 100% and is similiar to UCBench would be the best IMO.

Edited by Calathea

I like UCbench very much - it has wide support of CPU instructions and thus scales well with many CPU generations. There are not much (multithread) benchmarks working on stuff like dual socket 5 Pentium and newest Core i7 at the same time :)

If default settings is 100% bug-free, it would be best to keep it. I personally have no problem rebenching all my stuff to to meet the new rules.

Edited by havli

Sounds like it needs a wrapper, and then to have the database purged of all pre-wrapper results.

I don't think we can really ask the mods to check every single result, because:

1) That's a crapload of results and therefor work.

2) The mods won't do it anyway.