HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2014 Discussion

Massman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

Pure speculation : According to ALL the previous MOA event it happened betwen the very end of august to mid-october with a sweet spot on the third week of september.

according the lastest rumors about the new intel chipset etc I guess they will be quite busy until mid september best case. So let`s assume it will be between mid sept and mid oct. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

I'm excited!

Qualifier will obviously be a benchmark that the 290x will dominate, so i wont be surprised by Unigine, but then again they are affiliated with 3DMark so they might go for that, but then 290x lightning won't feature. Interesting.

The logical route for A - Division will be Unigine + some 2D.

This way it all stays on Z87 / Z97 to keep things "cheaper". You will still need a gem 4770k for stage one and gem 290x for stage 2.

But my guess is there will be a 3dmark involved making 4770k + z97 / z87 + 4930k + x79 + 780ti reference

Edited by Vivi

I'm excited!

Qualifier will obviously be a benchmark that the 290x will dominate, so i wont be surprised by Unigine, but then again they are affiliated with 3DMark so they might go for that, but then 290x lightning won't feature. Interesting.

The logical route for A - Division will be Unigine + some 2D.

This way it all stays on Z87 / Z97 to keep things "cheaper". You will still need a gem 4770k for stage one and gem 290x for stage 2.

But my guess is there will be a 3dmark involved making 4770k + z97 / z87 + 4930k + x79 + 780ti reference

I expect for Class B Max processor i5-4670k / FX-8350 and for GPU R9 270X / GTX 750Ti or GTX 760, but I want to see official Info :D

750ti would be cool :P

Yeah, with a good bios 750Ti gets very high frequencies with air, but 270X has a lot of difference in performance against 750Ti, so we have to wait to official info to know if max Nvidia GPU is 750TI or 760...

I think Im going for 270X Hawk if I can sell my actual card...

• 1 month later...