HWBOT Community Forums

The official Rookie Rumble Cup #3 thread.

Massman

The way the implementation works is it divides your HWBOT Prime score by the amount of cores of your system. For the core count, the same rules apply like before. That means "disabling cores" is not allowed and the engine will always divide the score by either the stock core count, or higher if you for example unlock cores.

The way the implementation works is it divides your HWBOT Prime score by the amount of cores of your system. For the core count, the same rules apply like before. That means "disabling cores" is not allowed and the engine will always divide the score by either the stock core count, or higher if you for example unlock cores.

Then why AMD doesn't have it's own rankings? All tests are favoring Intel CPU's :o

There is no way AMD Overclockers can place anywhere near Intel users.

Just wanted to give a bit of feedback about the competition. I have now competed in all 3 cups and let me say it is a great concept with 1 exception. The use of XTU should be reconsidered. The problem being that unless you have a 4770K cpu you cannot win the cup. Currently I am leading in 2 of the 3 stages yet my XTU score will prevent me from winning the overall. I have a delidded 3770K under custom water and the score I submitted for XTU is 43rd overall among 3770K CPU's yet 4770K with only a slight overclock will score higher. It is in Intel's best business interest to tailor the benchmark so it will score highest on their latest CPU's. It seems skewed however as we all know the difference in true speed between a 3770K and 4770K is not as high as the XTU scores would indicate. Anyway, just my 2 cents and I'm sure this is nothing that you haven't heard before. THanks